Downloading recipes to mfp

Options
DarcyL7
DarcyL7 Posts: 8 Member
Does anyone else have a hard time downloading recipes?I tried to down load skinny taco slow cooker soup from gimme some oven. The calories don't seem right. Am I missing something?

Replies

• kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I always just do the recipe from scratch that way it will try to match ingredients (the specific items you use). It's definitely inconvenient but at least more accurate imo. Just had to input 2 new recipes today. I hope they are good as it took forever! Good luck
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Check the ingredients carefully. I use the import feature, but I always have go in enter alternatives for the ingredients. Today I imported a recipe that had bottled roasted red peppers and it substituted with paprika!
  • hisgirl3681
    hisgirl3681 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble with a Spark People recipe I want to import. They have the ingredients broken down by calories too, and their numbers for ingredients is different that my options on MFP, and switching brown sugar for flour is just odd. The difference in calories is significant, or I'd just leave it.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I import recipes as I browse through the internet and see something I'd like to cook. Just make sure you match the ingredients on the bottom and you should be good to go.
  • hisgirl3681
    Options
    That's just it, when I tried to correct the ingredients, the calorie count shot up drastically. One can of northern beans doesn't add up to 220 calories, and trading 2 T. brown sugar for all purpose flour raised the whole recipe from 298 to 930..Is there a way to manually add the ingredients the same way we add them to our daily food log? That would make the most sense; when I checked there for my GV Northern Beans, the calorie count was correct.
  • hisgirl3681
    Options
    Well, I fixed it so the calorie count is close enough to Spark People's recipe..had to drop the two tablespoons of flour..
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yep, on the bottom you can put in "add ingredient" and you can search the same way you do for inputting in the diary, or you can just create a manual recipe and tweak it the same way you would for an imported recipe.

A can of northern beans should be around 320 calories or so.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've had it come up with some wierd things too, you really have to check the ingredients it gives you. Also when the recipe has ingredients broken down into sections, it doesn't take them all. It is a help though.