Inappropriate sinus tachycardia ? No fitness bed bound ? Anylne out there please help ! Reach out

Options
I have never dealt with this i believe it started after a high dose of preworkout . It all started after that . I'm terrified I was told in the er it should go away on its own . It's been 11 days ! I have had 3 breakdowns I'm so scared I can't get up to go to a bathroom without my heart rate shooting up to the 120s 130s .....cleaning I've seen even 150s . The stress of having this for life has me in a real dark state of depression I've disconnected myself from everything. All I do is cry I know it doesn't make it better no need to remind me but when I think of all these articles I read and how som people are bound to there beds because of shooting heart rates not ever being able to work out that kills me inside all my goals in dreams with fitness will be gone.! Please if there is someone who has this does it go away ? Will I have this forever ? Are you bound to a bed ? Can you not workout ? Social life drinks with friends that's all out the window as well I assume . Someone please reach out I'm desperate I have to wait till Thursday just to see my doctor to them wait God knows how long for the cardiologist !:,(

Replies

• mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    If you can, try to schedule an appointment straight with the cardiologist since that's who your primary is going to refer you to anyway. It's not normal to suddenly have a HR that high although I doubt that the one time preworkout is doing this. Drink LOTS of water though.
  • jennifer8989
    jennifer8989 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I did they still require a reason why and doctors referral .
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I know it's hard not to worry but don't imagine the worst. Thursday will be here soon.
  • midge_m
    midge_m Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    First, stop reading articles about it on the internet. It will just make you anxious and god only knows if it really applies to you. The heart is a very forgiving organ. Maybe you have something going on, maybe you don't, but if you do catching it now and following the treatment prescribed for it means a much better chance of this just being an episode in your life and not something that causes a permanent change.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I have. I have to take Propranolol ER (the regular version didn't work so well for me with it). I never have any problems from it at all since the med kicked in. I do a session of HIIT: full-out sprinting trying to outrun my fast dog daily, bellydance, etc, etc.

I do still get a few palpitations during my period for some reason, but my pulse stays really great even then.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Stay off the internet med sites. Your Thursday doc and then the cardiologist will help you. There are several forms of treatment available that your doctors will tell you about. Try to be patient with yourself and trust that you can handle the next four days. <3