I'm finally in the right frame of mind

Options
MrsJ1210
MrsJ1210 Posts: 135 Member
Hurray, I'm really getting into the right frame of mind this time. I've been totally honest with what food I'm logging. I'm weighing my food and am now finding I'm not wanting to put food in my mouth for the sake of it. I'm even finding I'm not hungry in between meals, I start to get hungry closer to meal times. Being able to use the bar code scanner is a huge help. I'm hoping I've cracked it this time. Healthy and sensible eating lifestyle here I come.

Replies

• ndsorrell816
    ndsorrell816 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Keep it up its worth it
  • MrsJ1210
    Options
    I'm finding it's getting quite addictive watching what I'm putting into my mouth and working out if it's needed!
  • yokohama041965
    yokohama041965 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Getting the right frame of mind is what I believe to be the biggest challenge you will have. Sounds like you have that one conquered Calorie counting and exercise will help in making you succeed in your next steps to weight loss. Wish you the best!!
  • MrsJ1210
    Options
    It's pointless using the app if you're not going to be honest and this app makes it so easy to log everything, which is often part of the battle
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Serendipitous_Heart
    Options
    I do think that one must come to that quiet place where they choose the path of change over the worn out road they've been traveling. :)
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Getting the right frame of mind is what I believe to be the biggest challenge you will have. Sounds like you have that one conquered Calorie counting and exercise will help in making you succeed in your next steps to weight loss. Wish you the best!!

Totally agree. This was 90% of why I'm halfway to goal. It's why I succeeded those first 6 months, and why I haven't made scale progress the last 4 (improved my lifting, though)! I'm back to wanting to see that goal weight and a little disappointed with myself that it won't be this year.
  • Camomilejane
    Camomilejane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So true! If you really want it, it is so easy!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • 1320GO
    1320GO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great! The single biggest thing you can change - your mind. So easy to say - to do not so much.
  • winn9524
    winn9524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great work! I absolutely love the bar code scanner feature as well. Makes it so easy!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Getting the right frame of mind is what I believe to be the biggest challenge you will have.

Yeah, I think that's the #1 difference between this time and every other time I've tried to lose weight - for me I think it was finding a way to have the drive to lose without either being so ambitious that I fail by setting unattainable goals, or by being discouraged and depressed when progress is not apparent on the scale.
  • MrsJ1210
    Options
    Some of my battle used to be trying to log the food properly as I could never find the right foods with other food logs. The scanner is my life saver.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I love the scanner too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!