What brand of Olive Oil do you use?

Options
pie_eyes
pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
I'm always trying to figure what brand is legit or not

Tell me what brand you use and why

I use Dellalo, for not any good reason other than the label looks "respectable."

Replies

• hlnebel
    hlnebel Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I use California Olive Ranch brand. I think it was on one of those lists of reputable olive oils, though I couldn't point you to that list at this point. Also, I like the bottle. :)
  • kenswyf
    kenswyf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For a fuller flavor, you want to buy Olive Oul that is FIRST, COLD pressed. This is the first pressing before the olives are heated. It is the purest and most flavorful.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    kenswyf wrote: »
    For a fuller flavor, you want to buy Olive Oul that is FIRST, COLD pressed. This is the first pressing before the olives are heated. It is the purest and most flavorful.

Yeah I just don't want to use waste or whatever is in bad olive oils. Its like there's no good brands, they say to use "good olive oil". What's good? It's very complicated and no one has a single answer.
  • joceesky29
    joceesky29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Kirkland brand from

Yeah I just don't want to use waste or whatever is in bad olive oils. Its like there's no good brands, they say to use "good olive oil". What's good? It's very complicated and no one has a single answer.

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    brand:
    Apollo's mistral organic,
    why:
    originally because it was one of the 2014 best olive oil in the world winners made in US and after trying it, because i really like the sweet undertone it has, its not bitter tasting to me like others i had tried in past..

i don't use it with everything though because i only found it online and their shipping is a bit much for one bottle of it! comes out to $30 all together for a bottle of it, $20 if first time buyer.. worth it for special occasion meals i think though.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Try looking for a review like from America's Test Kitchen. They usually review several, then rank them and give the reason for their recommendations.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    hlnebel wrote: »
    I use California Olive Ranch brand. I think it was on one of those lists of reputable olive oils, though I couldn't point you to that list at this point. Also, I like the bottle. :)

+1 for California Olive Ranch, was determined to be legit by UC Davis' analysis. Also, its super easy to find in most stores.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I use the store brand (Kroger) because it's cheapest and I use a LOT of olive oil.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Usually that will mean a first press. I really think this is only necessary when using it as a dip for bread. If it's in a recipe it's not very noticeable.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    Try looking for a review like from America's Test Kitchen. They usually review several, then rank them and give the reason for their recommendations.
    lemmie177 wrote: »
    hlnebel wrote: »

+1 for California Olive Ranch, was determined to be legit by UC Davis' analysis. Also, its super easy to find in most stores.

I have the America's Test Kitchen magazine at home and California Olive Ranch was voted best olive oil you can buy in a grocery store. Also, it was proven legit good quality olive oil. Apparently, there's a huge olive oil scam.
    cor_sample_bottle.jpg

I use California Olive Ranch at home when I don't want to splurge on Olio Santo. Olio Santo is delicious and it's actually pretty affordable $29 for a 25.4oz bottle (I always buy when they are 20% off at Williams Sonoma like now!). For a really good affordable aged balsamic vinegar I highly recommend 25-year-barrel-aged-italian-balsamic-vinegar-c.jpg which is also 20% off right now at WS.

*edited to correct wording
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Canola oil forever! (I prefer the taste, it has less of the bad fats and it's waaaay cheaper.)
  • ShanazAsiya
    ShanazAsiya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I hope it's okay if I join the conversation. I like to use Capatriti it's Mediterranean grown . I mostly use it for frying or as a drizzle and it taste great! I don't always use olive oil sometimes I use coconut oil witch is just as good I use coconut oil spray also witch you can spray on a pan before cooking.I have something I want to recommend for butter also it's called olivio it's very healthy taste good and has no cholestoral and is Mediterranean grown
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Whatever is on sale. I think I have Pompeiian right now, but I could be wrong.
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I use California Olive Ranch.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    Options
    I use the Kirkland organic olive oil from Costco or Kroger brand olive oil whenever I do use olive oil
  • azleaco261
    azleaco261 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use balsamic vinegar. Healthier than oils and full of flavor!!
  • ariffianti
    ariffianti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use Filippo Berio brand , ,
  • alicafernandez
    alicafernandez Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    California Olive Ranch, Actually it is effective.
    You can read more for it on google.