how do i prevent saggy skin?

Options
I see so many great weight loss stories..but some of those great weighytloss stories ends in the person having saggy excess ..how do I prevent it?

Replies

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You don't.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lose weight at a reasonable rate, no yo-yo dieting (with extreme losses and gains), drink plenty of water, make sure you get sufficient good fats, exercise...but at the end of the day a lot of it comes down to genetics and age.

You are young, so hopefully that will hold you in good stead. You may not be able to prevent a lot of excess skin but hopefully there will me minimal for your personal circumstances (age, weight to be loss plus if any history of yo-yo dieting).
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Pray.

People will tell you to use this cream or oil and that brush or tape, but it's all hogwash. None of it can help.

People say that losing slowly helps and maybe it does, but I've lost super-slow and have loads of excess skin. Maybe it would be worse if I'd lost faster. I don't know.

There's really nothing you can do. Skin loses elasticity as we age and that's that. Young people will have a better shot at bounce-back, but even they can end up with some loose skin.

The oils and creams cannot add elasticity to the skin. Don't get suckered into paying for that junk. Won't help!

Lose your weight and hope for the best. :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    A lot of what people call loose skin is actually subcutaneous fat.
  • PalmChris
    PalmChris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great question though...
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight quickly while you're young. Follow a good strength program to minimize muscle loss (NROL4W, Stronglifts 5x5, etc). :+1: