2lb gain ... But I'm pleased with that ?!?

Options
Well ... after a 2 week all inclusive holiday to Cuba I've only gained 2lb - quite chuffed really

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When did you get back? Might be water weight :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Excellent. I usually come back from a vacation with a whole lot of water weight that flushes out leaving a 1or 2 lb gain after a few days.
    Your 2 lb should come off really quick once you are back to your usual routine.
    Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Cheers, h.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Well done! Where did you go/stay, if you don't mind my asking?
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    Like your question @ahoy_m8 We usually cruise but have been playing with maybe trying an All Inclusive, so I too am interested, if you don't mind a little off topic detour for a synopsis of your trip @heatherHS.

Cheers, h.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    That's great! I went on a 3+ week trip to Atlantic Canada and ate some great foods (and drinks like local beers and vodka) and had only gained around 3 pounds.
    We did a lot of hiking and walking.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • HeatherHS
    HeatherHS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    In answer to your question, we stayed at the Brisas Guardalavaca, prefect location right on the beach. We upgraded to a villa which was a great move as we heard some negative reviews of the rooms in the hotel! We flew into Holgiun and had an hour transfer from there. Cuba is absolutely stunning, the people are so friendly and humble. The weather was gorgeous every day, we had a few spectacular lightning storms / rain in the evening but every morning it was back to glorious sunshine. Loved it and wouldn't hesitate to go back ... food was good too so with only 2lb gain I'm chuffed but I think the swimming every day helped as I tried to do about 30 lengths a day.

Good luck everyone - one bad day does not make a bad week xxx

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Well done, you'll be back to your pre holiday weight in no time :)
  • middlehaitch
    Options
    Heather, thanks so much for your mini review. I am putting it in my little holiday book.
    Cheers, h.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Great job! :]

When I go on holiday, I usually gain a good 7lbs at least!!
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
  • MissAbbee
    MissAbbee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    HeatherHS wrote: »
    In answer to your question, we stayed at the Brisas Guardalavaca, prefect location right on the beach. We upgraded to a villa which was a great move as we heard some negative reviews of the rooms in the hotel! We flew into Holgiun and had an hour transfer from there. Cuba is absolutely stunning, the people are so friendly and humble. The weather was gorgeous every day, we had a few spectacular lightning storms / rain in the evening but every morning it was back to glorious sunshine. Loved it and wouldn't hesitate to go back ... food was good too so with only 2lb gain I'm chuffed but I think the swimming every day helped as I tried to do about 30 lengths a day.

Good luck everyone - one bad day does not make a bad week xxx

I'm going to Cuba four weeks today!! Can't wait!! x
  • HeatherHS
    HeatherHS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ohh enjoy ... I'd go back tomorrow if I could :)