Hungry AFTER a meal?

Options
So I was feeling hungry enough to warrant a meal and went ahead and ate my 'lunch' (I'm working third for a few days so I don't know what to call each meal/when I should be eating). I had two thin-cut boneless pork chops cooked on my george foreman with some roasted garlic seasoning, half a cup of cooked brown rice, a cup of cooked broccoli and 1/4 cup of corn(left over from my previous meal).

It was all delicious. I went to do some work stuff and now I feel like I'm STARVING. I feel like I'm going crazy because now I feel hungrier that before I ate.

I have been drinking water, I've already had 2 16oz bottles since midnight (it's about 3:30 now)

What am I missing? Am I going crazy?

Replies

• tiffanyrickbeil
    tiffanyrickbeil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would choose a low carb snack like some cheese or a handful of almonds or Greek yogurt. Those are my go to choices when I am hungry. You may also think of bringing a yummy low calorie salad.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    PMS? That's always the reason I'm starving. Or it could be because you ate too little yesterday.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,424 Member
    Options
    You haven't used up your calories for the day so just eat more food.

Looking at your diary, you have many days where you are way under your calorie goal. Maybe add some more calorie dense foods to your diet so you can meet your goal. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1 You could add some butter to your vegetables or rice.

I don't know what is available to you but I would probably try to include a protein food since you seem to be under your protein goal often too.
    hummus and veggies
    eggs
    nuts
    cheese
    fruit and peanut butter or yogurt
    guacamole
    baked potato
    full fat dairy products
    tuna
    sandwich- grill a sandwich on that George Foreman grill