any one given birth and manage to lose belly pooch? how?

Options
007lt
007lt Posts: 56 Member
title says it all.. what size were you and what did you do to lose the the saggy pooch after given birth. Best foods to eat to help reduce belly?? :)

Replies

• starling01
    starling01 Posts: 81 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I was 5'5", 35 yrs old, weighed 140 at the time I gave birth. I lost weight rapidly (breast feeding and had to return to work in 5 days) and any change to my belly was gone within about 6 weeks. I ate anything I could get including Beefaroni, Cheerios, cheeseburgers, ice cream, veggies from somewhere but not a whole lot of them and mostly broccoli and peas, also yogurt. I just ate less than what I was burning. It definitely can be done. In my opinion my weight loss was way too fast.
  • wrapitupwithjlynn
    Options
    Hi! Have you decreased your sugar intake?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    ^^^^This is not necessary unless told to you by your doctor.^^^^^

Eat in a calorie deficit, add a little exercise for health and well being.

read this

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

You can do this!!
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    x9s7dkpb1mn1.jpeg
    This is 7 weeks. I have a 4 year old and a 1 yr old. I reduced my sodium, my sugar, increased my protein and veggies and work out 6x a week. It's a lot of work but worth it
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    My stomach still has a little bit of a pooch, but I was obese after my first was born. Mine is a combination of fat and loose skin.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257157/c-section-mom-of-2-my-progress-over-the-past-couple-years-lots-of-pics/p1

Here is 2 weeks postpartum after my 2nd son was born last year and Halloween this year:
    z1zc3axsnbi8.jpg
    Left - July 2014 / 2 weeks after my second c-section / in the 190's This picture is far from my heaviest, but it shows the progress I've made since my youngest was born. I have pictures of me at my heaviest in the thread I linked to above.
    Right - Halloween 2015 / around 126 lbs

August 2015-
    djnro32m6mgy.jpg

• 007lt
    Options
    yup I've cut out all processed foods Inc sugars like cakes sweets choc you name it
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    ^^^^This is not necessary unless told to you by your doctor.^^^^^

Eat in a calorie deficit, add a little exercise for health and well being.

read this

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

You can do this!!

• 007lt
    Options
    x9s7dkpb1mn1.jpeg
    This is 7 weeks. I have a 4 year old and a 1 yr old. I reduced my sodium, my sugar, increased my protein and veggies and work out 6x a week. It's a lot of work but worth it

wow you look great! and in just 7 weeks?? I'm coming up to 5 weeks pp and I've lost fat on my face arms back and I think my waist however my thighs and belly really need to shrink asap :(
  • 007lt
    Options
    you
    My stomach still has a little bit of a pooch, but I was obese after my first was born. Mine is a combination of fat and loose skin.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257157/c-section-mom-of-2-my-progress-over-the-past-couple-years-lots-of-pics/p1

Here is 2 weeks postpartum after my 2nd son was born last year and Halloween this year:
    z1zc3axsnbi8.jpg
    Left - July 2014 / 2 weeks after my second c-section / in the 190's This picture is far from my heaviest, but it shows the progress I've made since my youngest was born. I have pictures of me at my heaviest in the thread I linked to above.
    Right - Halloween 2015 / around 126 lbs

August 2015-
    djnro32m6mgy.jpg

look great how did you do it?
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It'll take time and patience. This is a year after my second. It'll come
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    x9s7dkpb1mn1.jpeg

wow you look great! and in just 7 weeks?? I'm coming up to 5 weeks pp and I've lost fat on my face arms back and I think my waist however my thighs and belly really need to shrink asap :(

5 weeks?!?!? Oh it's going to take much longer than that. Weight loss doesn't happen ASAP, it took 9 months to gain the baby weight....
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It took about 9 months for me, I did it very slow and steady. Still have some loose skin but it is not very noticeable at all. While I was back to pre-pregnancy weight at around 3-4 months pp, I really had to work on my body composition. Calorie deficit, lifting, some cardio (yoga, HIIT, walking etc) and lots of patience :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!