Help me...I need an accountability partner!! ASAP!

Options
Heres a little bit of my story, I am a mother of 4, about 2.5 years ago, I had set out to loose weight and be successful at that. I am 5'2 and my whole life has been the chubby one. My bodies comfortable weight is 165 - 170, I am not comfortable at that weight and honestly I HATE it. It seems to be what my body "defaults" to when I'm not keeping tabs on my health. Anyhow, 2.5 years ago, I set out to loose that weight. I succeeded, within 6 months, I was weighing 140lbs. I was happy, I was feeling good. No headaches, I was running every other day, and doing at home weight training, and eating about 80/20.

Than the dreaded flood came, and in April 2014, my house flooded, I had no more kitchen, I was stressed all the time. Working long 12 hour days, I had no where to cook my food (which means we ate out ALOT) I had to let my kids go live with their dad. It was stressful, and guess what with a blink of an eye, from april to september, I gained 25lbs back. I was disappointed, depressed and unmotivated at that point. Last december we moved back into my house, I quit my job to go back to school full time, with the full intention of "I have so much time to work out and eat healthy this will be easy". Not so much now...

I haven't worked out since September, I can't bring myself to do it... I need someone to remind me, to talk me into working out. I LOVE working out. I can't even bring myself to WEIGH myself, and I probably won't until I get to working out.I know I gained at least another 10 lbs. I had an old customer (I haven't seen him in 10 months) see me yesterday and say, "wow you put on 1 or 2 lbs" That to me means, "WOW you gained some weight"

I'm sick with myself, and today, the date of Nov 2nd, I am back to working out. I can't get skinnier sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Working out, keeps me on track with eating (who wants to eat back all those calories you just burned)... I'm going to DO IT TODAY. Please someone, anyone, I need someone to chat with!!

Replies

• cherdeniise
    cherdeniise Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I added you :)
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    yay!! :) I am making myfitnesspal on my chrome opening, just so I can't ignore it. I need it in my face staring at me, anytime I try to distract myself from this computer!!
  • gingerheadgirl
    gingerheadgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you, my body will "settle" at ~190 if I'm not watching what I'm eating at all (I'm 5'9"). I lost 30 pounds for my wedding this past March and starting noticing last month that I felt very uncomfortable in my own skin, feeling too fluffy. I finally made myself step on the scale last Thursday and was horrified to see that I've put on 20 pounds since my wedding :o Needless to say I got back on the wagon that day and I'm already feeling better. I'm refusing to weigh myself everyday like before as it gets to be an obsession, looking forward to weighing in on Friday. I sent you a friend request :smiley:
  • jpalocy77
    Options
    I know it is depressing, especially since I put so much work and time and effort to lose the weight, to have it all back. I fit into none of the cute clothes I bought when I lost 30 lbs, and barely fit into my "fat" (I call it fat for me) clothes..so I know i'm going out of control. Time to take the reigns and hold tight !! lol
  • Gems187tj
    Gems187tj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me ..... Sounds so similar - I have a daughter who's 5 been single 4.5 yrs and just want to feel better ( keep saying I need to lose baby weight - used to be really fit and stronger before I had baby !! ) I don't want to be skinny because I look weird when I am lol I just want to be toned happy again bmi is just slightly over but tbh I'd lik my body fat to be less !!! It's so easy at night to eat crap and not think about the consequences !! Really need an exercise buddy ! Love outdoor exercises just trying to fit in around all my family commitments is hard !!
  • jpalocy77
    Options
    I've been there with the single parenthood. I went through a terrible divorce, but I have been with someone for 8 years now. He is my rock, but he is naturally skinny, so he has NO idea what I am going through. I have terrible social anxiety, and being overweight, accentuates that!I love outdoor activities too..I just have no one to experience it with. I could take my kids, but I couldn't get my hike in, or walk in, because they would complain! lol. I used to run 3 miles, do a HIIT routine, as well as at home weight training. I LOVE LOVE weight training, it is my passion, I don't know why I can't get back to it. www.fitnessblender.com is my FAVORITE place to get free workouts. Exercise motivates my eating good. So I am doing my workout today...and already started with an eggwhite omelete. Its not that I dont know HOW to lose the weight, its just the motivation I'm lacking. Thanks to everyone who responded. I am hoping to hear from you all!!!!