I'm finally NORMAL!

Options
In December 2010 when I completed my health risk assessment for my husband's insurance so we would get the discounted rate, my BMI was anything but normal. In fact, I wasn't even overweight....I was OBESE. That was a real eye opener for me and the beginning part of my journey to lose weight and get healthy. A picture taken of me on New Years Day was the kick in the butt to get started on January 3rd. (How did my eyes get so fat?!)

Fast forward 5 months..... I was on a website tonight that had a BMI calculator so I plugged in my current numbers and I'm finally back in the normal range at a 24.8!! It's the high end of the normal range but I'm just happy to be normal again! Now, to keep working towards the low end of that normal BMI range.

Replies

• marniebigelow
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! You look wonderful!!!
  • kalea_kane
    kalea_kane Posts: 37
    Options
    That is wonderful! Good for you!
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Wow, That is really motivational! Just goes to show that if you put your mind to being heathier, it can be done. Great job! Keep up the good work! :)
  • mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just reached that range too (24.something). I was super excited!!! After all, the most important thing is our health, then looking good! (Luckily they both happen at the same time haha!) Congrats!!
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It's amazing what a single moment of realization can do to motivate. You didn't just wake up that day and find out you were obese. We all know when we started(most of those that were officially obese or overweight) that we were that way, but to see the numbers and actually have that label is a real eye opener. We had the same thing at our office about 2 years ago, but apparently I didn't think it was that bad....well it took seeing some other numbers that made me realize I needed to really kick it in gear. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Great job. The effort is paying off! Keep up the good work
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    congrats! must be a great feeling :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!