I can eat this everyday! Best Brussels

Options
tracefan
tracefan Posts: 382 Member
Take brussels sprouts and peel each leaf off of each you have to keep cutting stem to get leaves off. This could take some time but so yum. Rinse leaves to clean. In a pan melt some butter and add garlic cloves minced. about 3. as soon as garlic has aroma.. add the brussels sprouts leaves and coat turning a while until leaves are softened. so so so good.

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I am learning to eat more veggies like this . I still just use the green giant version of brussel sprouts and they are good. So thanks for the recipe
  • JustKris69
    JustKris69 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I cut Brussels sprouts very thin. Heat some olive oil in a skillet, chip two shallots and cook to softened, add about 2 tbsp of bacon bits ( I use Costco brand) and clove if minced garlic, add sliced Brussels sprouts and stir fry until sprouts are softened. Finish by tossing with 1-2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. SO yummy!!
  • bebersohl
    bebersohl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cut Brussels sprouts in half, place in a bowl add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves of crushed garlic. Mix together, spread on baking sheet. bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. you want to let the outer leaves turn Brown and crispy they get a nutty flavor when you do this
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    bebersohl wrote: »
    cut Brussels sprouts in half, place in a bowl add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves of crushed garlic. Mix together, spread on baking sheet. bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. you want to let the outer leaves turn Brown and crispy they get a nutty flavor when you do this

+1 and don't forget to add salt/pepper when you toss in olive oil and garlic.
  • tracefan
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Berbersol YES yum
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    bebersohl wrote: »

I do that too but with half as much olive oil.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    YUM
  • WOODWAYONE
    WOODWAYONE Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    sounds good
  • twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I cut my brussel sprouts in half. A dash of oil, chopped garlic and brussels sprouts go into the fry pan for about 2 minutes - high heat and constantly stirring. Then pour in enough low sodium chicken stock (I usually make my own) to cover the brussels about half way and then cover and simmer. Once the majority of the stock has simmered down the sprouts are ready. I then touch them lightly with a little lemon pepper.

Now I've got to go to the store on the way home and get some brussel sprouts.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Butter/oil, garlic and brussel sprouts! so much yes! I had to cut calories so no butter/oil.
    I throw them frozen, in a bowl with some water, red pepper, and lemon pepper seasoning. Steam them in the microwave, with enough water left for a little soup. I was surprised how good it was. A great second choice if you need to save some calories...
  • tracefan
    Options
    Ilike to move.. I'll try that