how do I prevent myself from getting super sore after trainings?

Options
Hello lovely people. I need some help. What do I do to prevent myself from getting so sore after my workouts? Like right now im so sore I can barely walk or sit on the toilet. Help please.
Also ADD me I can use the help and motivation. :)

Replies

• rtp_slg52181
    rtp_slg52181 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Take a long walk before bed. Make sure you move on your off days. Stay hydrated. Be consistent and your body will adjust quickly.

I find l-glutamine helps speed recovery if I truly overdo it. (Not everyone subscribes to this)

• michelleeshiet
    michelleeshiet Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @rtp_slg52181 thank u. Yeah I think one of my biggest problems is that I dont drink enough water. I think I drink like a water bottle a day :neutral:
  • rtp_slg52181
    rtp_slg52181 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Water is the way the body moves needed supplies throughout the body. If you are dehydrated you are choosing to recover slower. Drink your liquid!
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm on a program through the daily burn website that is called tactical body weight training. We do about 10 mins of stretching before the workout and about 10mins of yoga after the workout. The yoga really seems to help with my muscle soreness. Another thing I use is tylenol precise cream, rub it in nice and hard on a sore muscle and it heats things up and helps keep them loose. Walking and stretching every hour or so the next day also helps keep you limber.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Like right now im so sore I can barely walk or sit on the toilet.

If you're in that much pain, you're probably too much too soon, or you're working each muscle group too infrequently.
    If you need more help, list the details of your workouts (exercises, sets, reps, weight).
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Dial it back down and work consistently . You shouldn't be so sore you can't walk.

But the only way to NOT be that sore is to continue to work out- takes a few weeks to get up to a place where you aren't incapacitated- but keep it up- it goes away eventually.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I second yoga. I do half an hour of yoga after every run and it really helps. Water, too, is important. If you have a bit of cash, invest in The Stick on Amazon and massage the muscle aches away. Google DOMs. There's a lot of information (and remedies) out there.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    In my personal experience, the soreness should reduce as you get into better shape. Leg day always leads to the worst soreness if you haven't done it in awhile.

You could also try some of these methods, but I can't personally vouch for them:

http://www.poliquingroup.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/1079/Nine_Amazing_Ways_To_Reduce_Post-Workout_Muscle_So.aspx
  • 40mpw
    40mpw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My post-workout go-to's: stretching, walking, Epsom salt soaking, foam rolling, lacrosse ball massaging. None of these will eliminate soreness, but they all reduce soreness to some degree.
  • lilyrunner
    lilyrunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Stay hydrated. So important and I agree stretch it out.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have found that Bioplasma (all 12 basic cell salts) greatly reduces muscle soreness.
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Definitely stretch after your work outs, and dial it back a touch if you're still ending up that sore.
  • Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Really the only long term solution is to stay consist with your workouts. Your body gets use to it. It gets better but you will always feel a little sore.
  • michelleeshiet
    michelleeshiet Posts: 7 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the tips!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'll echo what others have said that post-workout stretches saves me a world of pain. I hardly hurt at all any more.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    the more you workout , the better shape you get the less you will be sore.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Using a foam roller for large muscle groups and a lacrosse ball for small areas helps me. It keeps the muscles from tightening up too much.
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »

Well said. I find if I take any time off and do a hard workout, I'm really sore the next day. The more you workout regularly, the less sore you will be. I run 4 days a week and box two days a week. If I miss a boxing workout even once, I end up being sore the next day.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »

Unless somebody is doing random WODs, then they could be sore all the damn time. LOL.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I have been lifting for a few years and i still get the level of soreness you're talking about after a particularly hard leg day. I've also had t-rex arms a few times.

What helps me?

Drink enough water.
    Staying active the day after with low impact steady state cardio.
    keeping and staying warm.
    drinking BCAAs.
    Supplementing with creatine.
    foam rolling/myofascial release