I am here for all of you.

Options
Unlike a website like Facebook, where people can be friends and talk about random stuff, everybody who comes to MyFitnessPal already has something in common: a desire to be healthy.

For those of us just starting out, it will be the longest, hardest, yet most rewarding journey we've ever taken. For those of us who have made it to our destination, it will be a lifelong quest to remain fit and healthy.

However, most of us have lives outside of health and fitness. This life can sometimes interfere or discourage us from making it to our destination. I am still a long way from my goal health and fitness level, but after two years of on again/off again attempts, I have found my stride and a plan that works for me. I have been sticking to it for about eight months and feel better than ever. I still have a hundred or more pounds to lose, but I have made it past the beginning.

And for a lot of people, the beginning is the hardest part. I have never been more sound of body and mind than I am right now. Nothing can keep me down.

The following is a blog post that goes into a little more detail of what I've been dealing with for the past two years:

Back! And more dedicated than ever!

My message is this. Once you get over the initial hardships of starting down the right path, it only gets easier. We are all in this together. Whether you are just starting out, or you've been at it for years, I am here for you. Whether you need to talk about health and fitness, or any other aspect of your life, I am here to listen. I may not always have advice for you, and if I do it may be blunt and honest, but I can always listen. And sometimes, that is all a person needs.

Feel free to friend me. Feel free to talk to me. We are all in this journey together, and I want to help us all hit the finish line and keep on going.

Replies

• Koorii
    Koorii Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump for a new day!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome
  • hazeleyez26
    hazeleyez26 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are doing great! I agree that life can interfere or discourage us from reaching our goal..I'm determined this time to not let that happen. :)
  • Koorii
    Options
    New day, new jouney! If you need motivation or a friend go ahead and add me!
  • chgonzalez1978
    chgonzalez1978 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Looking for support and new friends. Down 80 lbs need to lose another 20.
  • crpoll5
    crpoll5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Time to get rolling again! I was very successful a year ago using MFP and having a bunch of friends to help motivate and support each other. I left MFP for a while and gained back all my losses. I realize I need MFP or I fail. I am looking for friends as I start over. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend if you want to motivate and support each other and also have some fun on the newsfeed wall while we are at it. PLAY BALL !!
  • Koorii
    Options
    We made it through another week, excellent job folks!
  • keyshas83
    keyshas83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this very encouraged your welcome to add me!!! Lets stay motivated! !!!
  • Koorii
    Options
    Haven't refreshed in a while, but still going strong! Have a great week full of many victories!