New to myfitness.... HCG diet?

Options
Today is day 3 of the HCG drops... I've been doing okay with it, but my calories have been at about 700... I have had headaches/the shakes so I've eaten a little more... I've done a lot of research with no help, I'm taking the drops 6 at a time, 6x per day... when will I need to stop and take a break? please give me any help you can I hve NO CLUE what I'm doing =) I am drinking 1 gallon plus a day in my water and I'm not working out... should I be?

***EDIT. I'm not asking for ur opinion on why I shouldn't do it... I'm asking for advice on the diet if you have any. Thanks.

Replies

• sfleming88
    Options
    Oh and I also havent done an apple a day yet... is that completely necessary? other sites said I could have strawberries or oranges so thats what I bought... I prefer them =)
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the drops do absolutely nothing, so basically you are starving yourself. I'd advise losing weight the healthy way with diet and exercise. Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear. :ohwell: But I wish you the best!
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Exercising, whether it be weight lifting or cardio or both (I prefer both), will greatly benefit you in reaching your end goals. Good nutrition alone will definitely take you far but if you would like to see a more drastic advancement in progress, I would include some sort of exercise to your daily/weekly routine!

*Edit*
    I don't know what HCG drops are, can't offer up any advice there.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I would really advise from putting crazy hormones in your body. Dieting the old fashion way may take long but it is 1000xs safer.
  • sarahbeth17
    sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    DO NOT workout while taking the hcg only walking if you are already used to it. As long as you are under 800 calories you are good but 500 is ideal. Depends on where you got the drops from...if you feel like you are starving then you might not have got them from a legit place and they could be fake. I got them online and didn't have a problem, i was hardly hungry and had trouble eating the food I was allowed to have. The headaches should only last a couple days but if they are horrible then you probably aren't taking the right drops. Good luck, and as soon as you go into phase 3 this website will be the best place to help you, i lost 23 pounds and right away gained about 7 of it back but then discovered this website and through diet and exercise i've lost a few pounds. It was a great jump start for me.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Well, I am not goin to sit here and tell you how dumb the HCG diet is. You can live and learn from your own mistakes.

However, I will tell you that I am the same age as you and I've kept 85lbs off for soon to be 3 years without any problems. Just simply from good ole eating right and exercising.

To each their own. Good luck!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Research is showing that the only reason HCG is working is due to the extreme low caloric intake. The problem is when you return to a higher calorie diet the weight comes right back on.

While, I believe everyone should do what they feel is best. My advice would be to stop the drops and follow the MFP recommended daily calorie intake. That is the safest, most sustainable weight loss strategy!\

Good luck to you in accomplishing your goals.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Research is showing that the only reason HCG is working is due to the extreme low caloric intake. The problem is when you return to a higher calorie diet the weight comes right back on.

While, I believe everyone should do what they feel is best. My advice would be to stop the drops and follow the MFP recommended daily calorie intake. That is the safest, most sustainable weight loss strategy!\

Good luck to you in accomplishing your goals.
  • razzmahtazz
    razzmahtazz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have seen many reports on the HCG diet and it's not safe. The drops make no difference-like someone said earlier; you are starving yourself. This can cause major disfunction in your body including basic brain functioning. I agree with the other posts; healthy diet and exercise is the only way to go!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Live, eat, exercise be happy. This is a dangerous fade diet. I wondering if you are going to sue when you get breast cancer or any other form of it one day...
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Im not against HCG but I only recommend going through a licensed physician.

Due to the exact reason you are pointing out. You have no clue what you are doing or the guidelines. Why follow something that you dont even know how what or why you are doing what youre doing? or have someone to call when you are having issues?

**EDIT: I have never personally used HCG**
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the drops do absolutely nothing, so basically you are starving yourself. I'd advise losing weight the healthy way with diet and exercise. Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear. :ohwell: But I wish you the best!
  • Shepink
    Shepink Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been on the injections now for 4 days and I feel really good. No headaches or anything. I'm not sure about the drops but my Dr. and many warned that the drops may not be as claimed. Today is Day 2 of the VLCD and I've lost 3 pounds!

8397077.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • redpen621
    redpen621 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i did use the drops and i ate my apple in the morning after the drops then i took the drops again later and wasnt hungry but knew i had to eat so i ate my protein and veggies and then took them before dinner and same thing. i wasnt hungry at all and basically had to force myself to eat. i lost 27 lbs and only gained 2 back when i stopped the diet. i have tried starting again and couldnt stick to it like i could before, oh and i took 12 drops 3 times a day as my dr recommended.

basically you do the drops but the first 2 days are binge days because it takes those 2 days for the drops to get in your system then you follow the diet for about a month then your last 2 days are the diet without the drops. you take a break and eat a low carb kind of diet for 4-6 weeks then you can start the drops again. hope this helps
  • sarahbeth17
    Options
    Research from the people who don't want you to take the drops says that they are bad. They are natural (as long as you are getting the right ones) and i am proof that they do work....i've been off them for about a month now and i'm still losing weight... the same people that say hcg is bad will prescribe you medicine that you don't really need because they don't really know what's wrong with you...
  • sfleming88
    Options
    Guess I should have posted I got them from livamed. My aunt works for a obgyn office and its where they reccomend their patients get them. I can call and ask her but honestly I like to talk to other people about the it. Also.... I don't think hcg is a crazy hormone... women produce it naturally... I have also tried regular diet and exercise several times...
  • sarahbeth17
    Options
    ok i got them from livamed too, they were the cheapest there and they worked for me i didn't struggle with hunger. are you having any caffeine? that could be the problem and you are just supposed to have 2 meats, 2 fruits and 2 veggies a day, and there is a list of which you should have because some don't work as well, also 2 melba toasts. i had a fruit for breakfast, meat and veggie at lunch, a toast as a snack (they are small crackers but really good) then meat and veggie for dinner and a fruit a little later so i didn't feel hungry at night. all the meat should be as low fat as possible very lean and only certain meats too. all white fish, chicken and beef are best. avoid turkey. The fruits should be apples, oranges, grapefruit or strawberries. veggies pretty much anything green you can have except for broccoli. there are some others just look it up! Sobe lifewater and vitamin water have drinks 0 calories sweetened with stevia and I love them, they are good if you get a sweet tooth. Also you can have coffee in the morning that would fill me up a lot, but with the headaches try decaf if you even drink it.
  • sfleming88
    Options
    Thanks for the input: ) I found the diet plan and have been sticking to it as close as I can. I'm not STARVING or anything... just kinda hungry lol and the headache was better w eating more. One of my concerns was just if I had to eat an apple per day
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Type HCG into the search box and you'll find a thread full of HCG-experienced people with a lot of advice and support. I just finished my first 40-day round on Tuesday and am currently in maintenance mode.