Kind of a Newbie :)

Options
Hi, I joined MFP in 10/10 but didn't stick with it but now I am back and I am ready to work hard and meet my goals. I am a married mom of two boys. In the past two years I have let my self go and now its time to get back on track and put myself first get moving and start losing this weight. I was able to snap myself right back into shape after both babies so this is not baby weight...well I shouldn't say snapped it took me 8 months of hard work to get back down to my normal weight of 140.

I've was never over weight until 2 years ago at age 27. I went from my normal weight of 140 and just shot up out of no where to 160 then to 170... it seemed everytime I stepped on the scale it would go up another 10 lbs! At 170 I was trying to lose it but it was going no where and at that point I kind of just gave up and gave in to being FAT. I was angry about the extra weight and instead of fighting I just gave up. Now I am in the fight to get my life back! I am stick and tired of being fat and feeling like crap all the time.

MY GOALS:
I figure if I break it down into 20 lb increments it won't seem so overwhelming. My original goal weight is 140 but what the heck why not try to go for 120!
5'6
CW: 200
GW 1: 180 by 8/15/11
GW 2: 160 by 10/24/11
GW 3: 140 by 12/31/11
GW 4: 120 by 5/12/12
***Will make strides to reach my final goal weight starting New Years Day 2012! This will be the hardest to lose I know because getting under 140 has proven difficult for me in the past. This will give me 4 months to lose the last 20 lb and just in time for warm weather clothing and more importantly bathing suits :) Then I will start the all important Maintenance Phase that I have failed at so horrible in the past.

Some of my weight issues are obviously overeating and eating stuff that is not healthy.

#1 I am home all day long with a bunch of kids this cause stress eating, boredom eating, and eating kids leftovers eating. All big no no's. Having access to my kitchen all day long is a struggle and I hate to throw any food away, I hate to waste food but I should be a human garbage disposale either :)

#2 I have a bad carb tooth I love pasta, pizza, and sweets. I basically need to keep them out of the house by making wiser decisions at the grocery store and when eating out.

#3 My activity level is relativley low I think. Yes running around after kids all day and upkeep of the house does require activity but there is also a lot of down time when I'm at home all day watching little ones so I can't go out and be "active" whenever I'd like I have the kiddo's 10 hrs a day. I try to squeeze my workouts in during naptime or while they are busy doing something....but it is very hard to get in a enjoyable and productive workout with the little ones running around :)

So I feel those are my 3 main contributing factors to my unhealthy weight that I need to learn to keep in check :)

My Inspirations
Myself
My Kids
My Husband
Get back into my 12's, 10's, & 8's. I have a full wardrobe for every size!

Replies

• Emily7306
    Emily7306 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Reading this is inspirational to ME!!! This is a wonderful story girl, and I have 100% faith that you WILL do this!!!
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It always seems daunting in the beginning. Take it one step and a time and pretty soon you will look back and say "i love HOW much?!" With goals and inspirations like yours, I am sure you will do wonderful- and this is definetly the site to acheive your goals on!
  • bebe3232
    bebe3232 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thank you ladies your words mean very much :)
  • Neen1977
    Neen1977 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello x I also feel that setting a first goal for me 5 % of total loss then 10% is a good option x and having the support on fitness pal def helps. x Taking your wee kids and the adorable wee pooch walks is a good step builiding it up ten mins then 15 etc x

I wish the dry weather would come here in scotland it always helps lol

I hope you add me I think we can help each other x I lost 3 stone at slimming world and it all came to a standstill and now Ive lost another 11bs here on fitness pal over the last month and a half x

remember to keep tracking x and hopefully speak soon x
  • EmilySueGermain
    EmilySueGermain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    awesome! You can do this!!!