TurboFire..... Does it work?

Options
Hiya,

Im looking at starting TurboFire and have done research on the internet. I have read reviews but I want to hear from real people about the results they got because your not trying to sell it!! Could you please share with me you thoughts, results, opinions, anything that can help me with my decision.

Thanks heaps!!

Replies

• registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

Im looking at starting TurboFire and have done research on the internet. I have read reviews but I want to hear from real people about the results they got because your not trying to sell it!! Could you please share with me you thoughts, results, opinions, anything that can help me with my decision.

Thanks heaps!!

Anything works if you use it.
  • mlecin
    mlecin Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Rosie,

It's working for me - I've been doing Turbofire for 4 (going on 5) weeks. I've lost 12 pounds and about 8 inches. I've also been very good about watching what I eat. I'm 50 years old, about 80 pounds overweight, and not in top physical condition, but I've been able to keep up so far!

In another thread, someone asked what people liked about Turbofire. I wrote:

1. Chalene is so *up*! More spunky than Debbie Siebers in Slim in 6, and so much less corny than Tony (in Power Half Hour).

2. The video takes the form of a "class" full of people that you are one of, instead of just watching 3 people on the screen. It's fun to hear their reactions when Chalene tells them to count down, or pushes them hard (they start chanting "Turbo!" "Fire!")

3. There are over a dozen different workouts, so you're doing something different every day (Slim in 6 has you on the same workout for weeks).

4. You don't have to crank out 12 or 16 or 20 reps of the same thing; Chalene's routines alternate the moves so that even if one of them is hard for you, you can quickly move onto the ones you can do.

5. Many of the moves work upper and lower body at the same time, so you have a really intense, but short, workout.

6. The "New to Class" options let you practice the sequence of moves (they come at you pretty fast in full speed!) For almost every exercise there's someone demonstrating an easier version you can do. (Although I wish they'd keep the camera on her a little more...)

7. The music is upbeat and fun, too!
  • thestarsweare
    thestarsweare Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Rosie,

I was in the same boat as you a few months ago - every review I read raved about Turbofire but they were all written by people associated with the company lol. So I just thought I'd give you an unbiased review here in case you're still trying to decide.
    I'm on week 5 of the 20 week schedule, and so far I've lost around 10 lbs (got me from a slightly overweight to a normal BMI) and gained a lot of definition in my legs and abs. To be honest, for the first few weeks there were times that I stood in front of my TV going "what??" because the moves were too fast and I am not very coordinated, but you do get the hang out of it after a while and it is a lot of fun just like the reviews say. The only other workout I've done that is as fun AND as intense as Turbofire is a kickboxing class at the gym, but of course that isn't as convenient as popping in a DVD!
    I would definitely recommend Turbofire, as long as you are willing to work hard, which I'm sure you are! Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions about it! Good luck!
  • candj2009
    candj2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am loving it! I started June 3, 2011 and I started on the prep schedule since it had been a while since I had done any serious excercise. Weight loss hasn't been a lot on the prep schedule, but the first couple of weeks is a bunch of stretching and a few cardio workouts. I'm sure as I move along and increase the amount of cardio I'll see more weight loss. My favorite thing is the number of workouts - you never get bored like when it is just one or 2 DVD's and you do the same thing every other day. Well worth it, but that is just my opinon.