Suggest me an Android App a GPS based exercise tracking

Options
MFP is great to track food intake and general exercise, but I need something else to keep track of my exercises, more specifically my outdoor movements.I bike to work, and started couch to 5K , and I also walk a lot. I want something which can track average, min,max speeds, and exact tracks , and calculate more precise calorie usage based on elevation , wind etc.
I download Sportypal Pro, which is ok, but not exactly what I want. It is simple to use, and distinguish between walking, biking, blading, running and many more. It follows your route with GPS, and calculate calories using weights, but not much detail about the routine. No maximum or minimum speed, and no detail about weather or elevation.

Anybody use some other similar purpose apps? By any chance maybe one that can be incorporated into MFP?

Replies

• cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Mapmyrun.com

or mapmyride.com
  • Jenn81
    Jenn81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i use cardio trainer
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few of them. The ones I have got are smart excercisor, poket coach and Cardio Trainer. My favourite and then one I use soley now is Cardio Trainer. I use the free version and that also has a widget so I can track just by looking at my phone and occasionally feel guilty when the number looks low. I use it primarly for walking but there are heaps of other exercises on it. Cardio trainers tracks speeds but does not track elevation or have any weather details.
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    iMapMyFITNESS

Works well with the GPS on my Motorola Droid X. (Some other apps didn't).

Very pleased with this app. Elevation data display (at end of workout) is pretty cool! :glasses:
  • Sam_Hain
    Sam_Hain Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just use My Tracks. Shows distance, average moving speed, moving time and elevation changes. Works for what I need it for. Few other stats too but I don't really need them.
  • Shepink
    Shepink Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use cardio trainer also. It's not too shabby.

8397077.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    i use cardio trainer

Me too!!!
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I use Cardio Trainer as well
  • satch45
    satch45 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Been using Runkeeper and has worked well for me!

-Russ
  • PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love Cardio Trainer
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper and love it! It's worked out perfectly for me!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper and love it! It's worked out perfectly for me!
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ENDOMONDO!!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Are these free Apps, or do they have free trial versions?
    i read a couple review, but many of them of the top suggested were quite pricey. i do not mind to pay for it, IF it is reaslly good, but only after I had a chance to try it.
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Are these free Apps, or do they have free trial versions?
    i read a couple review, but many of them of the top suggested were quite pricey. i do not mind to pay for it, IF it is reaslly good, but only after I had a chance to try it.

ENDOMONDO has a free version that works perfectly! That's what I use!
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    No calorie counting, but a fantastic free one for tracking everything else, including map tracks, is Google Tracks. It will also upload all the stats to an excel file in Google Docs. I use it daily on my X.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper (for Android and iOS).

I couple RK with MFP for optimal results. RK tracks my exercises, mainly running; MFP tracks my calorie intake and overall nutrition.

Give RK a try, they're getting bigger and it's fun if you have friends who use it as well!

*Edit*
    The app itself and the website account are free. They have stuff you can pay for like exercise classes and stuff, but if you're just looking to track your exercises it works great!
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the runnkeeper, but it can't get the GPS signal. I have an
    Lg Optimum One phone. I wonder it maybe not compatible with my phone? I am not even sure that can happen or I doing something else wrong.