Garmin connect not syncing

Options
Help! I have tried disconnecting the apps ( connect with MFP) and even though they act like they are connected I am getting no calorie adjustment in MFP. It even shows 0 steps even though I walked 5 miles yesterday. Anyone else has this issue? Suggestions? I am starving on gym days without my exercise calories.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am getting the same thing. It happened yesterday as well. It did not carry over calories until the very end of the day, and even when it did the calories were from 9:00 p.m..

I am not sure where to post this, but I am looking for how to report it. This is not with Garmin because every thing is correct in Connect and my tablet..
  • c613477
    c613477 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thank you. It happened yesterday for me as well. I just realized there was an update yesterday for Connect. It must no longer work with MFP.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I've been having issues since the snazzy new Garmin update. Didn't credit my full HRM tracked workouts for a week then they had a patch for that a couple of days ago. So now I get my workouts but like you not syncing properly for two days. I can't work out at what end the issue is, it feels too much of a coincidence for this issue to only be with MFP. I had negative adjustment of about 200 calories for yesterday when I got up this morning and it only corrected this afternoon, today my steps are cancelling out my run calories so it looks like I have earned nothing extra from my run. It's becoming very tedious to have so many ongoing issues, hopefully it's all fixed soon enough!
  • c613477
    Options
    So frustrating! I tried to add the workouts directly in MFP and of course it gave me negative calories back to zero. Sigh... If anyone figures out a solution or yours starts working again, could you let me know?

Thank you!
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Mine has been doing the same thing... One of my runs last week wouldn't link up on MFP but then my run from Saturday did.. then yesterday my 11 mile run didn't link up.. this morning after I deleted and reinstalled MFP it poped up showing I had the calories but didn't show anything about my run... its weird and I'm not liking it...
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm having the exact same issue. I've started a thread in a FB Garmin group and on the Garmin forums, but so far, no answer. I'm going to find a way to call them soon - this is really getting on my nerves.
  • idlehand
    idlehand Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Having the same issue. They seem to know about it as if you go to https://connect.garmin.com/en-US/status it show limited. I have not seen a status update as to when it will be resolved.
  • Cymricdragon
    Cymricdragon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nice to know it's not just me. However.... I would really like this fixed.
  • Cymricdragon
    Cymricdragon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    And I just checked again. I got credited for my steps. Now to see if it syncs properly tomorrow.
  • spatulamom
    Options
    My steps are showing in MFP (hours later) but the calories are barely updating (I got 12 calories for my almost 7K steps I'd so far synced today). I'm just adding a manual cardio exercise and adding those calories manually. I only tend to use a few anyway so it's more for my record keeping.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    spatulamom wrote: »
    My steps are showing in MFP (hours later) but the calories are barely updating (I got 12 calories for my almost 7K steps I'd so far synced today). I'm just adding a manual cardio exercise and adding those calories manually. I only tend to use a few anyway so it's more for my record keeping.

My steps for the entire day will show up sometime tomorrow... sigh.. It did the last 11:59 p.m. sync for yesterday this morning at 6:25 a.m.. I thought may the time change screwed things up but now I see a new Garmin Connect update is the culprit.. I was looking in the wrong place for logging a support ticket.

I actually was able to manually sync and got my exercise calories to come over to MFP which did help.

Just an FYI - last sync for me was 4:40 p.m. and it is now 8:29... sigh again..
  • c613477
    Options
    I finally got my steps and calories today. Hours later! And since I had over 600 calories extra, it would have been nice to have eaten a larger lunch and pm snack. Hope tomorrow this sync happens more timely. Yesterday I never got it to sync at all!
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    If you know you have the calories then you can still eat them! Mine has updated more accurately this morning but still seems a bit out of whack. No doubt there will be another update soon to try and fix it.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    I have just worked out and synced my HRM to Garmin Connect and hurrah, it immediately updated correctly to MFP. So, for now, it seems to be working.
  • spatulamom
    Options
    Seems to be updating steps! Yay! No calories, but it may be too soon for calories.
  • c613477
    Options
    If you know you have the calories then you can still eat them! Mine has updated more accurately this morning but still seems a bit out of whack. No doubt there will be another update soon to try and fix it.
    I know but my OCD makes me have a hard time seeing those red numbers! I am weird like that.

It is working so far today...just steps so far. Let's see in the late pm if my workout syncs.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    c613477 wrote: »
    I know but my OCD makes me have a hard time seeing those red numbers! I am weird like that.

It is working so far today...just steps so far. Let's see in the late pm if my workout syncs.

Ah yes that must be frustrating. I have to say, I hate the red/green thing, as you're actually supposed to hit your intake so going a little over is really the ideal situation but people hate the red numbers!

I have had both my workout through my heart rate monitor and my steps sync properly all day so it seems to be fixed hallelujah.
  • c613477
    Options
    My biking workout won't sync, my steps did. It has been over an hour hope it will eventually come in since it was a tough 45 minutes. I want my dessert!
  • spatulamom
    Options
    c613477 wrote: »
    My biking workout won't sync, my steps did. It has been over an hour hope it will eventually come in since it was a tough 45 minutes. I want my dessert!

It stopped updating again. I've gotten another 1500 steps that it won't add. I get my steps late and eat late - I really need it to update, darn it!
  • yoplait311
    yoplait311 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had no steps synced for today either! And I had over 15,500! Grrr