Modified lunge?

Options
Is there a modified lunge you can do that won't put pressure on the foot. My joint is 100% collapsed so any activity where my big toe has to bend/balance me doesn't work.

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you can put your back knee down
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    second the knee down
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Third the back knee down.
  • armylife
    armylife Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Can you even slowly lower yourself to do a lunge with your knee touching? I ask because if not there is a risk you can induce patellar tendinitis or patellar distinction by allowing the knee to slam into the ground uncontrolled. If you can lower yourself in a controlled manner then the knee on the ground is not a bad suggestion. If not, Bulgarian split squats might me a better alternative that will remove pressure from the great toe joint.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Step-up's
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    armylife wrote: »
    Can you even slowly lower yourself to do a lunge with your knee touching? I ask because if not there is a risk you can induce patellar tendinitis or patellar distinction by allowing the knee to slam into the ground uncontrolled. If you can lower yourself in a controlled manner then the knee on the ground is not a bad suggestion. If not, Bulgarian split squats might me a better alternative that will remove pressure from the great toe joint.

Like this? https://www.t-nation.com/training/bulgarian-split-squats

How are Bulgarian split squats on the knees?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Another option is do split squats with your back foot on an angled surface - like a thin piece of wood or a book placed on the edge of a step or small box. Eliminates flexing at the toes. :+1:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I would add that you can add a blanket under your knee to avoid pain or discomfort.