Calculating Pasta

Options
How do you calculate pasta on here? Homemade. I made penne pasta with shrimp and muscles with a light homemade beer, olive oil and herbs sauce for it. I had left over for lunch today and have no idea what to enter

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    enter all the ingrediants in the recipe builder. how many servings and it will break it all up for you
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Recipe builder is your friend :) I enter the recipe in, weigh the cooking vessel with food in it after the dish is complete (make sure you weigh it before so you can subtract it), then set the servings in the dish to however many grams of finished dinner you have. For example, pan with pasta dish weighs 2300 grams on scale. minus 1000 grams (how much the pan weighs alone) and you have 1300 servings. Then weigh out how much you put on your plate, and put that amount of servings in when you log (for example, 123 grams = 123 servings).

If you didn't do any of this prior, your guess is as good as mine as to how many calories your lunch is :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I weigh it (all of it, the total) when it's done drying and enter the total, then just enter the weights as I go.

As I go, I weigh it dry, before it cook it.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Yep. Recipe builder. And your dish sounds AMAZING.
  • ash_depp666
    ash_depp666 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Didn't know there was a recipe builder in here