swimming a variety

Options
how would you track a swimming workout when you mix in multiple different strokes at different intensities?

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    When you go to log your exercise if you put in swimming, it gives you a bunch of options/strokes to choose from
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I swim a lot, so I've researched this. The calorie burn is listed as the same, depending on intensity, between strokes, so I just list about 3/5 of my workout as vigorous freestyle and the other 2/5 as moderate freestyle. That covers all my bases. I ACTUALLY do kicking, freestyle, back, breast and modified back.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I would simply choose swimming laps freestyle moderate for this purpose.
  • gymshoe42
    gymshoe42 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    sounds good... probably easier than trying to break down my routine...
    off to the pool I go...

thanks!
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've used my hrm while swimming and I burn the same amount as if I were on the elliptical because my heart rate is in my zone. If u have a hrm wear it while u swim.
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    I've used my hrm while swimming and I burn the same amount as if I were on the elliptical because my heart rate is in my zone. If u have a hrm wear it while u swim.
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You should think about getting an hrm that works in the water. Mine is waterproof, but the chest strap won't transmit under water so it doesn't work for me. I've heard that the Polar models work great in water, though.
  • mrsjcmyles
    Options
    You should think about getting an hrm that works in the water. Mine is waterproof, but the chest strap won't transmit under water so it doesn't work for me. I've heard that the Polar models work great in water, though.

Yes they do. I have a Polar FT4, and it works great in the water. I think I spent $90 on it, and it is the best investment ever.