Shoes

Options
What are some of the best shoes for someone overweight? I've tried New Balance, Saucony, Sketchers, and Nike and they all kill my feet. I work 10 hour shifts and walk 15+ miles during my shift.

Replies

• _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    https://www.altrarunning.com/women
    ^Not just running shoes, they have casual and walking too.
    Have you tried Danskos? I love 'em, some hate 'em.
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I lived with constant foot pain until I started wearing crocs around seven years ago. They aren't for everybody, but they've improved the quality of my life tremendously. They're the only kind of shoes I wear- I've amassed quite a collection for every occasion.
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I can't wear crocs to work. I can only wear tennis shoes/boots due to the type of work I do
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Buy the Dr scholls shoe inserts. Supposed to work.
  • StrenMel
    StrenMel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wear the sketchers with the memory foam in them. I'm also on my feet 10 hour days. I have two pair and I rotate them every day. Some of my co-workers change shoes during their lunch break, maybe that would help you too.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I have Sketchers with memory foam, and they work wonderfully for me! And I have quite a bit of excess weight on me lol. How long have you had this position at your job? It took me a while to get used to being on my feet so much (I work full time in retail). I also found shoe inserts for past shoes I had helped as well! Best of luck!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I still like the New Balance. They have wider versions. Maybe you need to get some inserts.
  • soccerchickie
    soccerchickie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Asics? They are the best for me. I was previously a Nike girl and now I wear Asics when I am working out. They feel great!
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I know you said you've tried skechers, but I third the skechers with memory foam suggestion. I work in a hospital and have had them since this summer, and they're the most comfortable and durable shoes I've worn in a long time, even having started out over 300 lbs.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I always have found I get the best support wearing a cross trainer not a running shoe. I like New Balance, but you have to get something over a 600. The higher the number the better the support. You might also try going shoe shopping at the end of the day after your feet have swollen so you are getting a comfortable fit for the whole day.
  • christa0130
    Options
    I know you said you've tried skechers, but I third the skechers with memory foam suggestion. I work in a hospital and have had them since this summer, and they're the most comfortable and durable shoes I've worn in a long time, even having started out over 300 lbs.

I bought the Goga Mat ones and within a month they were worn completely out and killed me because of that.
  • christa0130
    Options
    I always have found I get the best support wearing a cross trainer not a running shoe. I like New Balance, but you have to get something over a 600. The higher the number the better the support. You might also try going shoe shopping at the end of the day after your feet have swollen so you are getting a comfortable fit for the whole day.

The ones I purchased are a 720. I am unable to go shopping for shoes after work because everywhere but Walmart is closed at 5 am.