Not new to site, but starting again... looking for support

Options
My weight loss journey has been a roller-coaster. I've lost a lot of weight using MFP after both of my pregnancies but in the past 2 years have been on a downward spiral, gaining weight. Over the summer, I was diagnosed with toxic hepatitis and I've been on prednisone to prevent further liver scarring. Thank God for the drug because it's helped save my life, but the side effects have been awful!! More weight gain, water retention, puffy and swollen everywhere. Anyways I've been tapering and am now down to 15mg and I figure I should start to slowly get back into weight loss and an overall healthy lifestyle. I know how to do it, I know how much better I feel weighing less, I just have to do it. And for that I need your help. Getting back on the wagon after so long has been harder for me now than in the past. I know support and accountability are very important for me and thank you for taking the time to read a bit about me. Look forward to hearing from you :)

Replies

• ellerist
    ellerist Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are done with the scary hard phase (illness) and into recovery there. Just need to take a deep breath and step back into what you know, slowly. The logging, the healthier choices and exercise. You have come SO far and now you are just continuing with that journey. Stay focused on the end goal- you've totally got this! Wishing you continued health and progress!
  • _mglo_
    _mglo_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Good job starting over. You can send me a friend request. I'm active and manage to respond to most of my friends.
  • Tracy2162
    Tracy2162 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I lost 170lbs in a four year period. I swore I wouldn't gain weight again...WRONG! I became seriously ill and steroids, medications and no strength to exercise I gained 100lbs. I'm down 83lbs using MFP and feel really good. Life is about overcoming weaknesses and finding our strengths. You can do this we're all here for you. Add me as a friend