Down 106 pounds

Options
6814qkv0h41v.jpg
This is me on vacation three years ago at my highest weight of 340 pounds. I was miserable, had high blood pressure, became out of breath just from climbing in and out of the pickup, couldn't climb a flight of stairs without feeling like I was going to die, couldn't get in the floor to play with my grandkids, had pain throughout my body from migraines, fibromyalgia, knee joint pain, plantar fasciitis in my feet and they hurt so bad it hurt to walk.

ho57drurnisk.jpg
This is me after losing 40 pounds, ready to go in for gastric sleeve surgery to lose the remainder of my excess weight. I was nervous but excited at the same time!

sz74agfsv9nc.jpg
This is me after losing 70 pounds, feeling lots better, more energy.

zyh0aacbsygk.jpg
This is me after losing 99 pounds, feeling incredible!

I have lost a total of 106 pounds since December 2014. I am now off my blood pressure medicine, have normal blood pressure, no more acid reflux disease or medicine, no more aches and pains throughout my body, my feet no longer hurt or swell, my knee no longer swells or aches, my fibromyalgia symptoms are gone. I feel amazing!!! I can climb two flights of stairs without getting out of breath, I can ride a bicycle, I can climb up into the bed of the truck now by hiking my leg over the tailgate, I can cross my legs now, I can get in the floor and sit cross-legged, and I feel like a whole new person, so much younger!!! I have 54 more pounds to lose to meet the doctor's goal.

My diet consists of lean proteins and vegetables. I choose not to eat simple carbohydrates and sugar. I feel so much healthier! It's not easy by any means, and requires lots of discipline and commitment, but I can do this!

I can't figure out why two of my pictures are sideways. Technology is not my strong point!

Replies

• keokagal
    keokagal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fabulous. To get rid of so much pain must be awesome.
  • JaiDessaT
    JaiDessaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work is paying off in a big way. You look amazing!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    You look so much happier. Congrats on your transformation.
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    wow, congratulations...it was a tough road, I'm sure...your pictures are inspiring...thanks for sharing.
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Great work!
  • milaortiz30
    milaortiz30 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting. i'm almost 4 weeks post op and if anyone says surgery is the "easy way out" they have no idea what they are talking about. i thro up at least twice a week and feel sick a lot AND i still have to make good eating choices in order for this to work. it's nice to see someone that has been successful (tho i have a good support system on bariatric pal).

Congrats. i know personally it's not easy. Amazing job!
  • lilyrunner
    lilyrunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! You look Great!
  • cat_phillips
    cat_phillips Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow, the amazing shrinking woman! Congrats on your success - - way to go!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Super, super respect! The fact that you faced all those challenges but came out better and stronger - just amazing! Very inspiring!
  • CJBasque1977
    CJBasque1977 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Fantastic work!
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this pix of your journey! Your SUCCESSFUL journey! SO proud of you and happy for your much better, more healthy future! Woo Hoo!!
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    So inspiring, and you really look sooo so beautiful and healthy. Can I ask how tall you are?
  • ImOneStepCloser
    ImOneStepCloser Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You look so happy and beautiful. Great job and you can do this.
  • Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic!!!
  • Ranelle1969
    Ranelle1969 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! It is so encouraging to read all of the comments! I am 5' 6". It has been a wild journey for sure. Two weeks post op I became dehydrated and was in the hospital for fluids. I too had a few issues with throwing up during the first month or so on regular food. I learned quickly to stop eating as soon as I felt a tightening at my sternum. Even one more bite can send me over the edge. I have also discovered certain foods just don't agree with me anymore. Since surgery iceberg lettuce is not my friend, dense meats like steak and pork chops are too hard to digest and make me sick. It has been a learning experience, and took me a few months to get it all figured out.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to get it! Great job.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Congratulations on all the hard work.
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Well done!
  • amadacorazon
    amadacorazon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • peiotter
    peiotter Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fabulous and full of energy. Lots of courage and hard work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!