My weight has always fluctuated.

Options
irishluv48
irishluv48 Posts: 1 Member
edited November 2015 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Kaitlin I'm 25 years old, 5'5 and about 215lbs. My weight loss/gain journey has been one hell of a crazy roller coaster ride. I had never been overweight as a kid. I was always active, played sports, did tons of outdoor activities. It wasn't until about middle school I became overweight. The occasional teasing and fat jokes were so new to me but still hurt like a knife wound nonetheless. I started weight watchers with my mom and grandmother. I finally started shredding the pounds that so suddenly arrived on my hips without warning. Slowly but healthily the weight was coming off each weigh-in week. I started to feel great about myself. I lost even more weight after my freshman year of high school. My lowest was probably 135lb. I felt amazing! Then a 21st birthday and one hellish relationship later I found myself binge eating again and drinking too much. It has progressingly gotten worse in the past 3-4 years. So it's very fitting now, as I'm starting a new chapter in my life to start all things new. I'm ready to create and live a healthy lifestyle and change for the better. Exercising is probably my most difficult obstacle. I used to enjoy it and work out almost every day. Now, raking leaves has me sweating and winded. Feel free to add me and join me on my journey. I would love to hear and share tips. I also need all the motivation I can get. I've become very lazy and my self disciplinary skills suck. Let's do this. "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live in."

Replies

• Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey, good luck. Remember this has to be a sustainable lifestyle change. Don't think of it as a diet.

Stay true to yourself and to logging what you eat. Enjoy life!

R