Cravings

I just a good breakfast. But the cravings will come like a demon tonight, with emotions and all. How do you deal with that?

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    I always save calories (200 or so) for an evening treat. Usually ice cream or a little candy. So I focus on planning out my treat and get excited for it. Then after I eat it, it's almost time for bed.

Other than that, I just "adult up" and tell myself "no". Say "no" and mean it. There's no tricks or shortcuts. You just have to do it.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Eat a good dinner. :)
  • I think saving 200 calories for bedtime snack is a great idea. As far as cravings...you might need to break it down by the hour.
    Keeping telling yourself that you will wait just another hour and when you have made it through the ls st hour commit to another hour. Cant hurt to try.
  • ElleMarieRose
    ElleMarieRose Posts: 37 Member
    There is a good book on binge eating and the name of it is not coming to me right now.. But the basic premise was to detach yourself from your cravings by being mindful, which made a lot of sense to me because this is the same thing I was taught to do with my anxiety. Anyway, look into mindfulness (and mindful eating). Practicing mindfulness really helped me understand the difference between cravings and hunger.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Hungry days come and go for me. I think a few days of NOT wanting more really helped me the most. I then could see for myself......I'm not actually starving. lol