Gained 3 pounds in 5 days??

Options
I know I shouldn't freak out, and it's probably water weight or something, but this morning I weighed 3 pounds heavier than I did 3 dayS ago. HELP. I've been sticking to my calorie limit strictly this week too!

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't freak out, it's probably water weight or something.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    When's your period? When's ovulation? Did you eat sushi? etc. etc. etc.

water
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't freak out. It's probably water weight or something.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,561 Member
    Options
    You should only be concerned if this happens every day for a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Did you eat 10,500 calories above your maintenance? If not, then its water weight. Be patient, it will come back down.

I'm also saying this to myself right now because my weight is doing weird things and I know that I'm not eating over maintenance. Patience is key.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    weight loss isn't linear.

Things that cause temporary weight gain:
    Meals high in sodium
    increase of exercise
    where you are in your cycle

It's most likely water weight.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Normal daily fluctuations.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    That happens to me sometimes. I've had days where I weigh in and see a low number, and then two days later it's 4lbs higher. I just focus on drinking tons of water and keep at what I'm doing and usually it drops/stabilizes within a few days. If it is water weight, drinking water actually helps with that.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Just got back from a ten day vaca. Gained 5.8 pounds..was upset.. Weighed 4 days later lost it all but 3 ounces. Yep water weight it is. It helped I ate at 1000 calories two weeks prior.

Yep Im sure you gained water weight.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I had 2 pieces of pizza last night, was under calories, but because of the sodium I gained 2 lbs in water weight. No freaking out :) Trust the system and you will lose the weight!
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    same thing happened to me. I'm sensitive to salt. I though I was way under my sodium intake so I splurged an had some beef jerky. you could have stuck a pin in me and I would have sprayed water by the end of the night yeaterday. Turns out my hubby made soup (which i had for breakfast and lunch) with very high sodium broth and added a huge amount of salt (I thought it tasted too yummy). When I readjusted my count I was WAY over my sodium intake. Today I have only had 1 glass of water and have left my desk 5 times to peee. I'm sure by tomorrow ill be back down.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Freak out. It's not water weight. Water weighs 8.34 pounds per gallon. Water weighed 8.34 pounds per gallon last week, and it'll weigh 8.34 pounds next week.

Nothing has changed. Freak out.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    jim180155 wrote: »
    Freak out. It's not water weight. Water weighs 8.34 pounds per gallon. Water weighed 8.34 pounds per gallon last week, and it'll weigh 8.34 pounds next week.

Right...because we all maintain the exact same volume of water in our bodies at all times!! Time to panic!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Right...because we all maintain the exact same volume of water in our bodies at all times!! Time to panic!!

You didn't know that we each have exactly one gallon of water in our bodies?
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Well I actually have 1 1/2, but that's only because I'm Batman.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    If I was trolling and trying to get people to take a ridiculous statement seriously, I'd be laughing now.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I can gain three pounds eating at a buffet restaurant. However like all things, it to will pass (into the china bowl).

Weight fluctuates.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

I'd say more like aqua-man. Can I ride your sea horse?
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

692fe2d736eab9cfe7e9293afd1d02c3.jpg
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

692fe2d736eab9cfe7e9293afd1d02c3.jpg

Take it how ever you would like, I'd ask some follow-ups, but this isn't the correct forum.