A good "Honey I messed up" recipe!!!

Options
MrsFarrow
MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
So...I went to CVS at 11pm to get some itch stuff for the like, 398350 mosquito bites my husband and I have, and some comfort stuff for him because he wasn't feeling well. I waited until he went to sleep, and went. I haven't done this since I was 16, but I locked the keys in the car. With the lights on. Thankfully my parents and brother lived like, 5 minutes from where I was, so my brother came down to see if he could jimmy the lock. Couldn't get it. So we call the cops, they didn't have the proper equipment. So I had to call Pop-a-lock. Guy came out and did just that, popped my lock. Cost $60, which is way better than it could have been. But it's still $60 I really shouldn't have had to spend. I texted my husband while I was waiting, just so he'd know where I was. I've been cleaning the house since I got home around midnight, and he just came out and had a mini conniption. I know. I definitely messed up. I get it. So at this point I'm thinking I'm going to make him something amazing tomorrow, but I don't know what!

He likes meat, he likes potatoes. He'll eat anything I make, but he doesn't really have a favorite anything. So...anyone have some amazing recipes I can suck up with? I've found a few I think may do the trick, but I always like input from you guys and gals :)

Replies

• Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Well.......I your wanting to say "I'm sorry" to a guy I'm guessing food shouldn't be on your mind. Although it could be a good start.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    wow. I'm sorry that happened to you and I'm sorry you got yelled at for it. you are much sweeter than I, bc I would be expecting my husband to make something for ME if I had such a rough night and then he yelled.

Maybe just make something with a little candlelight and a cute outfit :)

by the way, liquid soap rubbed onto mosquito bites really helps.

good luck!
  • KJ7777
    KJ7777 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I use the Good Food website quite alot. You can put in an ingerdient you already have & search for recipes. Have a look through the list it gives you & pick the one you fancy. That way you'll be making a great tasty meal but also be using what youve already got & then it shouldnt cost you anything extra to make it & save a trip to the supermarket.

You can also pick how many calories you want the recipe to be so it will make it easier to log what youve eaten too.

Hope that helps :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Aw that's so cute. You're too thoughtful, IMO. I don't think you did anything wrong to apologize for. BUT...

London broil. Use a top-round. Broil some cubed potatoes and bacon-wrapped asparagus sprinkled w/lemon pepper. Serve w/stuffed potato fixings and balsamic glaze for the meat.

::mouth wateringly good::

:drinker:
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    [dreaded double-post]
  • MrsFarrow
    Options
    Haha thanks everyone. The london broil sounds great! I remember my dad making it when I was a kid...always remembered it being amazing!

He didn't really yell, it was a big "$60 OMG REALLY GAAAAH" he gets frustrated over money. It's a thing for him, he had to file bankruptcy 3 years ago because his ex drove him into ridiculous amounts of debt. I honestly didn't believe him until I actually saw all the papers just recently when we moved. He's sensitive about it, which I get, and seriously, if anyone is looking to get into another field, learn how to pop locks. $60 and this guy spent no lie, less than a minute on the car lol!!!
  • Tressa_T
    Tressa_T Posts: 19
    Options
    When i'm kissing butt i usually go with a really nice cut of steak, filet or something like that. I know i know expensive, but sometimes you can get them in the discount section at the grocery store, you just have to cook it that day. Try asking the butcher.

Lingerie is a great tool as well! lol, try cooking IN the lingerie! they say a ways to a mans heart is through is stomach...wellll there are other ways to his heart as well haha pulling out two stops will really get you on good terms!
  • pilotdrew
    pilotdrew Posts: 14
    Options
    Just a thought...if money was the issue to begin with then buying a nice steak meal may only make it worse..."You spent $60 on a locksmith and now you went and bought these fancy steaks???"

Would be a nice meal but if he is ill about money already that might not help.
  • MrsFarrow
    Options
    Money isn't an issue, that's the thing. He's just weird. We needed groceries anyway and I actually got two nice, 2lb london broil steaks on BOGO at Giant, so I only paid $7 :)