NEED HELP PLEASE

Options
Going to get either a Fit Bit Zip or a Jawbone Up Move. Can anyone using these give me some ideas on why they use them? Also how about the clip, does it stay on or does it fall off. I do a stationary recumbent bike and walking which is better for this. Where do you fasten it. Thanks for your help.

Replies

• omnipotentmiku
    omnipotentmiku Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The zip is convenient and has never fallen off for me. I usually keep mine clipped inside my pocket or my belt when I don't have pockets.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I use the Charge HR, it's more accurate with the heart rate monitor. That's actually why I got mine; I took a walking class last semester and the teacher told me to get some kind of HRM to see where I was at. He was suggesting one of the small ones you can get for cheap, but I had been looking at the FitBit for a while, so that's what I got. I love mine, makes it easy to see where my actual TDEE is, as well as it's encouraging to get the vibrating telling me I hit 10k steps. XD
  • 2katlover
    2katlover Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I know I am going to sound dumb because I am new to this fitness tracking stuff but what does TDEE mean?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I use the zip and it has never fallen off. I use it to automatically track steps and I wear it all day. You can get a sense of progress when increasing your exercise. I just recently learned the trick to clip it to my shoe when on the recumbent cycle for a better count of steps.

TDEE=Total Daily Energy Expenditure. This number (in calories) will be higher than your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) which is the total calories consumed if all you did is lay around and breathe all day.
  • phenomenal_woman2016
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I am very happy with it
  • 2katlover
    Options
    I really need one because I work during the day as a transcriptionist so I sit and type, this will make me get up and maybe walk around every once in a while at work to help me. Then not sit so much at night watching tv.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Another way of wording it:

BMR: The amount of calories your body needs to exist if you were in a coma
    TDEE: The amount of calories your body burns on a normal day for you.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    I think the zip will really work well for you. Here's an example of the sort of graphs you can get.

c26-B0095PZHZE-activity-graph-l.png

• 2katlover
    Options
    I have read some places though that the Zip falls out of the case sometimes. Is there a way to make sure that it doesn't fall out? I think the Up Move it is hard to get in the case so it doesn't fall out. Just wondering because I would sure hate to lose it right away. My luck I would. LOL.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    My zip has never fallen out of it's case. I clip it to my bra and it's covered.

I've lost two by taking them off when I go swimming. I don't wear them when I go swimming any more.
  • 2katlover
    Options
    So when you wear it clipped to your bra it still can count steps? Will it work when I do my Leslie Sansone Walking tapes since I will be walking up and down and back and forth.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Yes I think it will count your steps correctly. If it doesn't you can try clipping it to your shoe.
  • 2katlover
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the helpful information.