not lost weight this week

Options
hi everyone,

i know there are probably many threads on the same thing but i wanted some opinions if anyone could be so kind.

for the first 2 weeks of MFP i lost 8 pounds, i know its normal to lose quite quickly to start with but for 1 weeek now i've not lost any weight at all, i've not gained either which is great but i don't know if maybe i'm doing anything wrong. i've been to the gym 3 times this week and am going again today and do roughly 1 hr of cardio with some strength weights also can you take a look at my diary for me please? thanks :)

Replies

• kevandkeira
    kevandkeira Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds my 1st week, nothing the 2nd, 4 pounds my 3rd week & nothing this week.
    strange how bodys work, lol.
  • cappi_18
    cappi_18 Posts: 9
    Options
    You could try sticking to eating only 1200cals per day. Working out each day if possible and trying to burn at least 500-600cals. Break, Lunch and Dinner eat 300 cals (for each meal) and have 2 snacks a day at 150cals each.. seems to be working for a few ppl I know that are on this plan.
  • Flossycat100
    Flossycat100 Posts: 103
    Options
    Totally agree with the above- I aim for a minimum 1200 calories a day but then don't generally eat back any extras gained through exercise. What I do eat is a protein-rich mix and includes limited carbs and low fat. Lots of fruit, salad and veg, so I know it's a good diet. :smile:

I believe this tactic works best the bigger you are but I am willing to be corrected- and there are people who would disagree with this approach but it sure as hell works for me and I never go hungry. Good luck and please feel free to friend me if you want x
  • JannineOwen
    JannineOwen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ok thank you, i am very big and so maybe that would work for me, worth a try anyway :)
  • cappi_18
    Options
    I have a lot to shift too. The cals I mentioned earlier are working for me and my friends. I have lost 6.2kg over 4 weeks and seem to be shifting 1kg per week which is a steady loss. I am also not eating back my extra cals earned with exercise.
  • JannineOwen
    JannineOwen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ok as from today i am not going to eat back my exercise calories and i'll see how that goes, i think i eat fairly well, i don't really eat junk food and most of my sugar comes from fruit usually and i am usually within my fat/sat fat allowance. i will test the exercisise calorie thing out for 2 weeks and see what my progress is then. i have over 100 pounds to shift :(
  • cappi_18
    Options
    Dont worry I want to shift another 70 pounds.. stick to it, it'll work for you :)
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This is the same with me, I haven't lost at all this week, although I haven't gained either. BUT I had a REAL bad weekend so it's proabbly my own fault!

I might this week not eat back my exercise calories back! See what happens!

Jo
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Could be TOM water retention...