Losing weight while ttc.

Options
I'm about 160 pounds 5'5, I'm wanting to lose weight but not a steep amount... But we are also trying to conceive... Does anyone have any tips on trying to lose weight and how many calories you should have while also trying to get pregnant?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Just enter your stats and goal in MFP (this site), eat all your calories plus exercise calories.
    Buy a food scale, and weigh all your food for the best results.

Eat what you usually eat; no special foods or restrictions needed.

Cheers, h.
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    I think this might be a question for your obstetrician. Good luck!
  • CharlotteALC93
    CharlotteALC93 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You are fine to carry on with what your recommendations are but take an iron supplement and maybe a pre conception vitamin, everyone should take those for 3 months before conceiving. Other than that just carry on as usual but once you are pregnant, eat around 1800-2000 cals a day, still healthy though. Then in the third trimester eat 200cals extra per day, equivalent to one banana. You never need to go crazy :)

In my first pregnancy I came out of the hospital lighter than when I conceived, and ive worked in a pharmacy too so i'm giving you info straight from a pharmacist. Good luck!! :) If you fancy something, let yourself have it. x
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while ttc is no different than losing weight any other time. I'm confused.

When you do get your BFP, move your calories up to maintenance. But until you're pregnant, you're not pregnant, if that makes any sense. Make sure you're taking your prenatal vitamins and just follow MFP as usual.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Losing weight while ttc is no different than losing weight any other time. I'm confused.

When you do get your BFP, move your calories up to maintenance. But until you're pregnant, you're not pregnant, if that makes any sense. Make sure you're taking your prenatal vitamins and just follow MFP as usual.

This is what I did.