Running Apps?

Options
About to start up running regularly outside now that it's finally cool off down here in the South.

I'd like an app to track my pace and map out my run - there are way too many these days. Doesn't really matter if it syncs to MFP. Any suggestions on apps that are simple (easy to use) but pretty accurate?

Replies

• questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    They are all relatively similar but I am a big fan of Runkeeper. Good interface, easy to use.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper; Strava; if you want a story to listen to try Zombies, Run (does not have as many tracking features as the other apps).
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is pretty easy to use
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Nike+ App is what I use.
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I use iCardio. Interface is clean and clear. Spoken voice is actually a recorded human and not a computer generated voice. In the couple of years I've used it its never crashed.

Ive tried all the others but they never seemed to work quite as good as iCardio.

Cheers,
    Shaun.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like Runkeeper. I always liked Strava, but sometimes it would whack out. I find Runkeeper more accurate.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I downloaded Runkeeper so we'll see how it goes!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I downloaded Runkeeper so we'll see how it goes!

The app is fantastic but if your phone's GPS is wonky it sucks. I used it for a couple of years and loved it until I got my Note3. At any rate I think RunKeeper has the most features for a free app. Well, there's Strava too but Runkeeper was great.