New to the site, saying hello

Options
hey guys, Im new and excited to begin this site! Im 38 yrs old, single mom..and I'm fat...instead of having surgery i want to prove that I can lose this weight, on my own and get healthy!! I want to be around for a long time and i want my son to have a happy, active mom! I would love to hear from anyone who wants to give and recieve support..I know it is easier when you have positive people supporting you and backing you up! Please feel free to stop by and say hi anytime!

Adrienne

Replies

• cat364
    cat364 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Adrienne & WELCOME!! My name is Cath, married Mum of 47, with 2 children & 2 grandchildren!! I have been on this journey since January and have lost 22.5 llbs, which I couldn't have done without the support of MFP friends. Add me if you wish. : )
  • mwfannwy
    mwfannwy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

I'm a 28yr old married mother of 2. Just wanted to say hi, i love this site it helps me keep track of my food as I love to eat.

So good luck!

p.s, if you have a smart phone download the myfitnesspal app, you can even use your phone as a scanner to enter food and it syncs with the p.c version automatically
    :wink:
  • badats
    badats Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Adrienne,
    All the best, I have recently started too and really enjoying the site, learning a lot about how many calories are in some foods! And slowly discovering the messageboards :)
    Jocelyn
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi Adrienne
    Welcome to MFP!
    I'm a married mum of 2 teenage boys - have 40lbs to lose so will be on MFP for quite a while.
    Have sent friend req if you're interested in supporting each other
    Good luck

Jules

:flowerforyou:
  • igotthis170
    igotthis170 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there and thanks and congrats on your loss!
  • igotthis170
    Options
    thanks! and that app sounds awesome..but i havent switched over to the smart phone world quite yet but im looking lol :)
  • igotthis170
    Options
    Hi Adrienne,
    All the best, I have recently started too and really enjoying the site, learning a lot about how many calories are in some foods! And slowly discovering the messageboards :)
    Jocelyn
  • igotthis170
    Options
    thanks and good luck on your journey as well!
  • igotthis170
    Options
    Hi Adrienne
    Welcome to MFP!
    I'm a married mum of 2 teenage boys - have 40lbs to lose so will be on MFP for quite a while.
    Have sent friend req if you're interested in supporting each other
    Good luck

Jules

:flowerforyou:
  • igotthis170
    Options
    Hi there, thanks for the welcome and i accepted the request..i can use all the positive support i can get! And will definately give it in return, good luck!:)