Falling off the wagon

Options
I cant seem to stay on track. I have lost over 50 lbs and i cant seem to ditch this last 19. I am so close to goal from where i began but i cant seem to stay on track. I will get overwhemingly serious for about a week and then decide I "deserve" a break or treat which turns into days of overeating and no excercise. Then the cycle begins again and i will loose the 2-5 pounds I gained back. I just cant seem to get into gear with everyone telling me how great I look and reaching the size ive been most of my life im getting complacent. Any tips or advice? Volunteers to follow me around and smack food out of my hands maybe?

Here are my stats if that helps

5'1 Female

SW 198.8

CW 147-149

GW 130

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it but the "I deserve a break after all the hard work" conversation needs to go. You don't want to gain back the weight you lost, and that type of thinking is usually the start. I speak from experience. So, time to create a new conversation for yourself. Because once you reach your goal weight you'll need to know how to maintain. Practice maintenance for a month to get practice and to give yourself "a break", and then resume your weight loss program.
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much eating at maintenance when I fall off the wagon. I usually gain a few pounds of water weight im assuming because i eat and drink alot of proccessed food items. I could try it but I think I need to focus on loosing. Its slowed down alot and i cant tell if its from my lack of commitment or because i am at a lower weight.
  • get8fit
    get8fit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good advice. I am in the same boat, I have put on 6 lb. since the summer and even though that is not a lot of weight on my 4'11" frame it shows,( around my middle) have to re-program my thinking.