Dizzy with raised heart rate

Options
ljcox7210
ljcox7210 Posts: 57 Member
edited November 2015 in Motivation and Support
its not severe just mild but my heart rate has gone from ~60bpm to ~70bpm whilst resting over the last ~5 days and I've felt quite dizzy/ not quite myself. I've been eating normally/maybe slightly more than normal with no strenuous exercise, can anyone help with this?

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor especially since this has gone on for several days.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    ljcox7210 wrote: »
    its not severe just mild but my heart rate has gone from ~60bpm to ~70bpm whilst resting over the last ~5 days and I've felt quite dizzy/ not quite myself. I've been eating normally/maybe slightly more than normal with no strenuous exercise, can anyone help with this?

Has your caffiene intake increased over the last few days?
  • ljcox7210
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »

Has your caffiene intake increased over the last few days?

No decreased, Ive been trying to cut caffeine out!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    It might be nothing, but I'd also recommend you talk to your doctor.
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    Options

I have a few suggestions : 1) Do you take some diuretics (it can cause dizziness) ? 2) Not eating,sleaping enough can also cause dizziness 3) Do you smoke ?
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    Options
    How do you define "normally" ? I mean how many cal ?
  • ljcox7210
    Options

On average the last month I've been eating 1645 calories a day.

I have a few suggestions : 1) Do you take some diuretics (it can cause dizziness) ? 2) Not eating,sleaping enough can also cause dizziness 3) Do you smoke ?

Non smoker taking no drugs (recreational or prescription) sleeping 6-8 hours a night XD I'm just rubbish apparently!

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

Non smoker taking no drugs (recreational or prescription) sleeping 6-8 hours a night XD I'm just rubbish apparently!

You're not rubbish. How's your stress level? I'd also suggest speaking to your doctor.
  • susb
    susb Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How old are you? I had a lot of anxiety when I was younger and anxiety can create these things. Are you anxious or worried about something in your life?

Susan
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Ditto on talking to your doctor. This happens to me sometimes and it is usually from one of two things...dehydration or anemia. I get anemic due to a medical issue and every time it happens, I feel lightheaded, over tired and my heart races.
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    Options

Maybe you are overestimating your cal and you need to eat more ? Or you are just too stressed and need more sleap. You also could be anemic ? Do you eat enough foods with iron ? Look in the mirror and if your tongue is yellow or the inside of your eye is too white ( not enough red) you could be anemic. But to be sure go to your doctor.
  • ljcox7210
    edited November 2015
    Options
    susb wrote: »
    How old are you? I had a lot of anxiety when I was younger and anxiety can create these things. Are you anxious or worried about something in your life?

Susan
    I'm 20, I've just moved out from my parents to start a new job in a new city... Makes sense if it's stress!
    Ditto on talking to your doctor. This happens to me sometimes and it is usually from one of two things...dehydration or anemia. I get anemic due to a medical issue and every time it happens, I feel lightheaded, over tired and my heart races.

Maybe you are overestimating your cal and you need to eat more ? Or you are just too stressed and need more sleap. You also could be anemic ? Do you eat enough foods with iron ? Look in the mirror and if your tongue is yellow or the inside of your eye is too white ( not enough red) you could be anemic. But to be sure go to your doctor.

I'm not over estimating because I've been gaining weight XD, I might be anaemic, I rarely eat red meat, my tongue looks slightly yellow and the whites of my eyes are white but I don't know.

I think I'll go to the doctors, something isn't right for sure so I just need to suck up and go!

Thank you very much everyone for your input, I really appreciate it!
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    Options
    susb wrote: »

Susan
    I'm 20, I've just moved out from my parents to start a new job in a new city... Makes sense if it's stress!

I'm not over estimating because I've been gaining weight XD, I might be anaemic, I rarely eat red meat, my tongue looks slightly yellow and the whites of my eyes are white but I don't know.

I think I'll go to the doctors, something isn't right for sure so I just need to suck up and go!

Thank you very much everyone for your input, I really appreciate it!

Any time :) Maybe try eating more leafy greens ? You can check this site http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/iron.php .
  • constancenj
    constancenj Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've gone to the doctor for the exact same thing and they couldn't pin point an answer..... They thought it might be due to stress.... I've just started noticing it again this week and my grandma just died, so I think that might actually be it!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Self diagnosis by internet is a sure fire way to scare yourself. So many things can cause a slightly elevated heart rate and a little dizziness. A discerning doctor will rule a bunch out by asking a few questions and getting a good look around.

Possible causes include low blood pressure, high blood pressure, low blood sugar, high blood sugar, anemia, changes in caffeine consumption, dehydration, over-hydration, and imbalance of electrolytes. To name a few.
  • susb
    susb Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You're only twenty and you're moving out of your parent's house and you're taking a new job in a new city?

These are two huge things! Go easy on yourself. I remember each one of my three children in their 20's. It is not easy at times, other times, it's the best time of your life! I am sure you will agree. I cannot tell you the times they expressed how stress affected their bodies!

To ease your mind, you can choose to go to the Dr. But stay away from the Internet as it pertains to looking up symptoms. That will make anyone with anxiety even more stressed out.

Exercise relieves stress and it can clear your mind,.. I would make that a part of my daily life!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    There are all kinds of possible explanations. If this continues, you should really see a doctor.

Staying well hydrated is something you can do on your own which will not hurt. When I have dizzy spells, something that helps (doctor recommended) is to fill a water bottle with ice, then half with low-cal Gatorade and half with water. Sip.

Hope that you feel better soon.