HELP FOR WEEKENDS!

Options
I, like many others, have a really tough time with my eating on the weekend. I generally do really, really well until Friday night then from Friday until Monday morning at work, my eating is OUT OF CONTROL. I know it is all mental and I will have to get a handle on it. I am looking for new MFP friends that want to do frequent check ins with each other, especially on weekends! Who's with me? Anyone? Please :p

Replies

• chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Have you sat down and planned what you are going to do when it hits you to go off plan? Suggestions: precook your food, schedule your gym/workout time, have healthy snacks ready to go, maybe even get a small cooler bag so you can take them with you? I just had a nonstop weekend, camping and a Def Leppard concert following a nonstop week. I'm beat and full of excess water, taking a day off but back on the wheel tomorrow. Our meals were planned ahead of time for campout but the fried funnel cake with chocolate at the concert got me! I figured I'd walked enough and burnt enough calories I'd be ok, and will be. Good luck! I'd add you but don't seem to currently have enough time to do more than "like" my friends posts!
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions! I pretty much stay home with my kids all weekend and cook as I go. I will try pre-cooking MY meals for this coming weekend and leave the house more. If we are on the go with prepped food, I think I will be less likely to forage all day. I'll take the cooler bag with me:-)
  • chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good luck, let me know how it goes! I'm on the run so much, I need to start taking my cooler bag with me more!
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Well we have stayed super busy the last two weekends so no over eating really. I think staying busy will be the key for me for a while!
  • GetMeTo125
    GetMeTo125 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    this may be silly, but it helps me..I brush my teeth each time I eat and reapply my lip liner and lipstick. someone it signals me that eat time is over!