Smoothie/Juice Recipes

Options
BklynFitGuy
BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
edited October 2015 in Recipes
Just got my NutriNinja yesterday. Excited to start putting it to good use. Would love to hear your favorite recipes or sites that have some. Thanks.

Replies

• donna70s
    donna70s Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Frozen spinach. Lime, granny smith apple and.water
    OR
    Frozen mango, frozen pineapple, 0% fat vanilla yoghurt, oats and water
  • legallyangie
    legallyangie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Raw spinach, 3 stalks celery, 2.5 ounces of baby carrots, 1/4 cucumber, granny smith apple, .5 ounce ginger. Ice if you like. Please note: don't throw away pulp for the fiber.
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Cool thank you.
  • milemission
    milemission Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Banana, apple and strawberry with some milk makes yummy smoothie. You can add few almonds and dates too.
  • CatLou76
    CatLou76 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast smoothie is 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal, 1/2 frozen banana, 2-3 frozen strawberries and a scoop of protein powder. The frozen fruit gives it a nice almost frappe-like texture, and it keeps me full for hours.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I have a NutriNinja. Every morning I have orange juice blended with frozen mixed fruit. Right now I have blackberries/strawberries/pineapple mix.
  • jalwayssmiling
    jalwayssmiling Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kale blended with water, coconut water or almond milk. Next add New World or any other brand mango, papaya, and pineapple mix. One scoop of Vegan Protein Powder. Can add Stevia if you need or sweeten with 3 dates instead. Blend and enjoy!
  • jalwayssmiling
    jalwayssmiling Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothies are made with spinach. Spinach and water, coconut water, or almond milk. Add frozen strawberries and banana, protein powder and dates or raisins to sweeten of stevia. You can also add vanilla extract and Cacao.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    6 oz carrot juice, 8 ounces water, 40 ounces sunflower seed butter, 1 can chick peas (drained and thoroughly rinsed) and 1 large frozen banana - perfect smoothie. This lasts for two days.
  • NeonStrikeVi
    NeonStrikeVi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use 400ml milk, a scoop of protein powder, 40g of oats and 2-3 strawberries. If I want it thicker I'll use yogurt instead of milk. I'll have it if I'm running late, keeps me going :) .
  • kgeorg1
    kgeorg1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie is spinach, water, frozen banana, apple and fresh pineapple. Yum!!!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to start putting apples in my smoothies. I have an older Ninja and I was wondering do I just cut the apple up and put it in the blender with my other ingredients?
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Greek yogurt,1 C skim milk,3/4C frozen fruit,.....ice & 1C water.You can add protein powder,be sure to add the calories.
    Without it,the yogurt,fruit & skim milk is 29 of protein & 240 cals.Works for me
  • donna70s
    donna70s Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    I have been wanting to start putting apples in my smoothies. I have an older Ninja and I was wondering do I just cut the apple up and put it in the blender with my other ingredients?
    Yes honey core and chop but no need to peel X
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    6 oz carrot juice, 8 ounces water, 40 ounces sunflower seed butter, 1 can chick peas (drained and thoroughly rinsed) and 1 large frozen banana - perfect smoothie. This lasts for two days.

This sounds really interesting. I never thought to put chick peas in a smoothie, before. I love chick peas, I think I may have to give something like this a try! However, I'm almost positive you meant to say 40 grams of sunflower seed butter. 40 ounces is, like, 3 full jars. :wink:
  • nickyazlan
    nickyazlan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1 cup Spinach, handful of parsley, I cup Almond Milk, I Kiwi (with skin), I apple (cored), frozen mango, I banana, , 1tbs pumpkin seeds, 2 dates (stoned), 50g melon, I tsp Maca powder.

put in the nutrabullet 45 secs - Scrumptious!
  • 321BooM
    321BooM Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Banana, mango, orange and orange juice. Yum! The only thing is I run it through a sieve do get rid of the orange pith as I can't stand that texture!