Exercise calories question

Options
I feel kind of silly :blushing: ... but I'm really not sure...there are some days when I'm home and don't do much of anything because of my back problems, but when I go to work I'm doing paperwork, sorting, and feeding papers into a scanner, stapling and my arms are constantly moving in mid air in front of me, etc. Some calorie burning websites allow you to figure the calories burned doing similar activities per your weight. Should I add these extra calories on those days, because I'm always still hungry those days and end up going over the calories MFP has figured for me to lose weight (and feeling really guilty too!!!:grumble: :grumble: ) I don't really exercise right now but some days I'm at work for 7-8 hrs. I never really go over my base calories (what I use wihout the deficite to maintain my weight at a sedentary lifestyle BMR=1,859) but I think that might be why I'm struggling to lose... my weight issues arose from not eating (the article on 700 calories a day and not losing really hit home, doc said that was why I gained all this weight in the last 8 years in the first place) I've spent most of my life between the sizes of 6-10 and just can't seem to get the hang of losing weight. :sick:

Replies

• Pom_love_2
    Options
    I feel kind of silly :blushing: ... but I'm really not sure...there are some days when I'm home and don't do much of anything because of my back problems, but when I go to work I'm doing paperwork, sorting, and feeding papers into a scanner, stapling and my arms are constantly moving in mid air in front of me, etc. Some calorie burning websites allow you to figure the calories burned doing similar activities per your weight. Should I add these extra calories on those days, because I'm always still hungry those days and end up going over the calories MFP has figured for me to lose weight (and feeling really guilty too!!!:grumble: :grumble: ) I don't really exercise right now but some days I'm at work for 7-8 hrs. I never really go over my base calories (what I use wihout the deficite to maintain my weight at a sedentary lifestyle BMR=1,859) but I think that might be why I'm struggling to lose... my weight issues arose from not eating (the article on 700 calories a day and not losing really hit home, doc said that was why I gained all this weight in the last 8 years in the first place) I've spent most of my life between the sizes of 6-10 and just can't seem to get the hang of losing weight. :sick:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Perhaps consider bumping up your activity level on MFP...that would give you more cals per day and see how that works for you. If you need more then you can take it from there but that's a good place to start:flowerforyou:

FC:heart: