Is 30 day shred enough?

Options
Hi.
I'm on day 2 of this workout and enjoying it even the pain but thinking is it enough? I am feeling the tightness in my thighs, calves, arms and abs and a difference in my stamina from the 1st day but its the only exercise I'm doing every evening.

I'm wondering if I need to incorporate more cardio to get the desired result of a weight/inches loss after the 30 days as I am a big girl (248lbs) and don't want to just tone the muscle under the fat but lose it also.

I'm thinking of adding her BFBM workouts every other or same day as the shred.
What would you advise?

Replies

• nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Hey, I am half way through level two and not really finding I am loosing much but finding my muscle tone and stamina has increased dramatically. I am however very near my weight loss goal now so am struggling to shift those last pounds. I would recommend cardio work on top but don't overdo it! I have found that I am able to last longer on the treadmill now and am generally feeling a lot fitter. I have been looking at the Insanity DVDs, but I have to say, the videos I have seen on YouTube look terrifying!!!

Good luck with the weight loss journey and remember that any exercise is better than no exercise!!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    When I did 30DS I felt the same way so I would follow it up with Zumba or Leslie Sansone's 3Mile Boot Camp to get more cardio in.
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it's working for me, my scales are going down on a daily basis & I've lost an inch from my waist within a week! I'm level one day 6 now, and sticking to around 1200 calories a day unless I feel really hungry then I'll have more.
    However it wouldn't hurt to do more exercise with it if you feel you can, just don't push too hard. Good Luck! :smile:

I'll just add as well you don't want to lose too much in too quick of a time as it's easier for it to creep back on and you need to give your skin time to tighten up as well. x
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I couldn't tell you. I did the 30 shred in April and saw inches lost but I also did walking/running 3-4 times a week for an hour at a time. she mentions in level 3 about a diet plan she has but I didn't see where it was coming from so I'm assuming that she has a book or something out there that goes along with it.
  • denise007
    denise007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i lost loads of inches, more than weight, but was walking as well:smile:
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice I'm going to take it that I need to do more cardio to burn the fat as will as toning the muscle.

Think I'll start with treadmill walks as my legs feel like jelly after the shred and work upto the BFBM if its as intense as everyone says it is although I'm dying to try it. :)
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    Even if you're not losing pounds yet, you're gaining lean muscle and burning fat. the scale will go down and you will be losing fat pounds rather than fat and muscle (people who only diet) this will make you look smaller and also help keep the weight off. But it is a good idea to mix up your routine with cardio. Keep it up, trust me!!