Best workout to make a difference to my hips ???

Options
Hi all,

I have lost 24 pounds sthis year thanks to MFP and really pleased but my hips are still big in comaprison to my top half.. i lost a lot of weight a few years back (and put it back on :( ) and my hips were SO much smaller than they are now !

I have started jogging and also occasionaly do the 30 day shred dvd but can anyone reccomend anything to focus on my hips ? x

Replies

• netgirl224
    netgirl224 Posts: 64
    Options
    Zumba is great for your waist and your hips! :)
  • EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Martial arts are pretty good in that area.
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You can build muscle in specific places, but unfortunately targeted fat loss isn't possible. Some will see it come off from specific places, but your body makes its own decision as to what fat stores it wants to eat into
  • phshhnet
    phshhnet Posts: 12
    Options
    Tony Little Body Express Butt and Thigh Reduction. If you can find it (I got mine at Walmart) it's real good. Not very long, but pretty effective, IMO.
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have the same hip problem! Or "saddle bags" as I like to call them!!

I horse ride and have found since starting that two years ago it's helped as it's an awesome leg work out! and fun too :) xx
  • Rachel_Leigh84
    Options
    This is my problem area too! No matter how much weight I lose I never lose my love handles, they are hideous and I hate them!! Ive come to the conclusion the only thing I can do about them is tone them up.