New Here

Options
Hello!
I'm a 41 year old woman who is 120 lbs overweight. I'm amazed at this (each pound sneaks up) and I am determined to do something about it.

So determined that I've taken 3 months off work to kick start this.

If you're interested in pursuing your weightloss goals with vigour and a healthy focus (no gimmicks), and a sense of humour, I'd love to connect. Or, if you're well on your way then let's connect so I can be inspired!

This is humbling, scary and a bit out of my comfort zone. You?

Cheers,

Replies

• vagmykonos72
    vagmykonos72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • ThisisnotTinder
    ThisisnotTinder Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi There! I've been on MFP for over a year and reached my goal weight last October 2014. I took the summer off to enjoy life and found myself back here again with a few lbs to lose (GGGRR) but I know what works for me so I will be back there in no time.

MFP is a great tool, if you use it correctly. Weigh and log everything. Those calories can add up quickly. Find a system that works for you. I would sign in first thing in the morning and log everything I plan to eat during the day. This helped me figure out where to cut, where to add, where my macros were and helped me stay on track.

You fail to plan, you plan to fail! Plan out meals ahead of time so you are not rummaging through the cupboards looking for snacks.

These things worked for me. Everyone is different.

Best of luck to you!!
  • Amberleah21
    Amberleah21 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've got a plan and good determination. If you want another accountability friend for motivation and support, feel free to add me. I'm here daily.
  • Losing120Pounds
    Losing120Pounds Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the notes and friend requests. I did receive a lovely message from someone but it disappeared before I could respond. If it was you, resend! Cheers!
  • lilyrunner
    lilyrunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! Lily here, best of luck. I just jumped back on fitness pal. But it works. I have lost almost 80 pounds (took my time...) You are right. Don't try gimmicks, just healthy diet, exercise and healthy lifestyle.
  • audreydgreen
    audreydgreen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, I have been using MFP for about 6 month. I think it is a good tool, it helps keep me accountable to what I am eating, how many calories I'm taking in and how many calories I'm burning, which is a big help to me. Although I have not lost a large about of weigh, I have only loss 11lbs. I still thinks it helps me. Some days I do good and some days not so good, but I always get back on track and it helps me stay focus and not go too far off track. Hope everything goes well with you and your weight goal.
  • vagmykonos72
    vagmykonos72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    H there. I am new here too. Need to loose 15kg.....lets see it looks good mfp