DIET is a 4 letter word.

Options
Lyndaloopants
Lyndaloopants Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2015 in Getting Started
Feel free to join me in this (this was intended as a reply to another discussion, but I don't know how to work it yet).

My goal is kinda high, but trust that I am doing it with healthy eating, controlled portions, and a lot activity and gym time. I originally started in April 2015 at 259.6; using mostly healthy eating and portion control (with a serious increase in activity) I lost 45 lbs by mid Aug. Then I had surgery and became very limited in what I could do... It wasn't long before that led me back to old habits... I need to make a lifestyle change, for good!

Name: Lynda
Height: 5' 4"
Starting Weight (11/1): 221
Goal Weight (11/30): 201

11/1: 221
11/6:
11/13:
11/20:
11/27:
11/30:

Loss/gain for the week:
Loss/gain for the month so far:
struggles/ victories for the week:

Replies

• ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    As Garfield the cat used to say, "diet is just 'die' with a 't' at the end"
  • lilyrunner
    lilyrunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Diet really is a 4-letter word. When I decided to get healthy, I had to take a cooking class! I am a great Southern cook, and that is how I prepared food. I had to learn to eat, cook and live healthy. No room to be on a "diet".
  • Lyndaloopants
    Options
    Copy and paste this as a reply... We can share in the battle of the bulge from the beginning of this holiday season!

Name:
    Height:
    Starting Weight (11/1):
    Goal Weight (11/30):

11/1:
    11/6:
    11/13:
    11/20:
    11/27:
    11/30:

Loss/gain for the week:
    struggles/ victories for the week:
  • retailwizard1
    retailwizard1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ok... not really sure if this is on topic... my weight goes up and down 10 pounds and I really want to lose 20 but hard with my life... what does work for me when I really try is stock my fridge with veggies ready to eat.. like a nice platter from the store and healthy protein and some low fat cheese... like the small wedges ready to eat.. I also try to stay away from the house too... easier to go to fridge and eat than make a conscious choice to stop at mcdonalds or Dunkin donuts... I've struggled with weight my whole life...
  • lilyrunner
    lilyrunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are so right. Have a well-stocked fridge with ready to eat veggies. I love the laughing cow wedges for a snack. Filling and about 35 calories.
  • Lyndaloopants
    Options
    I haven't yet invested in one of the various fitness tablets. But some of the newer ones will vibrate when you have been stagnate too long. Needless to say, when I do finally bite the bullet and mashes the decision on one, that is something I'm an including in my decision making process!
  • Uncle_Eddie
    Uncle_Eddie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 25 pounds on Atkins - got bored with the restrictions - missed pasta baaaad, then:
    I lost the next 25 pounds with Weight Watchers - got bored with the restrictions - missed fatty foods baaaad, then:
    I went and did something really wacky...I lost the last 25 pounds doing exercise and counting calories - and kept it off for years.

However - Like you, I recently had (3) surgeries and had some pretty severe restrictions for about 8 months and gained 10 or 12 pounds.

Soooo - I am back at MFP doing calorie counting and exercise because that works and is sustainable.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Diet is a four letter word, so is love. To diet is to love, yourself.
  • hreeves116
    hreeves116 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5' 8
    Starting Weight (11/1): 222
    Goal Weight (11/30): Anything lower lol

11/1: 222
    11/6: (I'll check in next fri because I just started :)
    11/13:
    11/20:
    11/27:
    11/30:

Loss/gain for the week:
    struggles/ victories for the week: Getting started was rough. I'm feeling healthier though!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    No diet for me. I prefer to refer to it as healthy lifestyle changes.