i need accountability

Options
I will make up the small est excuses not to workout. I would love to have some people who are interested in aiding my progress. Of course I would do the same.

Replies

• mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I have run across quiet a few members on MFP who don't exercise because of various health issues....and they have lost a considerable amount of weight. Exercise is good for your body, but apparently not required for weight loss. So why not take baby steps in exercising like parking car further away from destination, taking steps instead of escalator/elevator, walk around your block, etc. I personally just walk and it feels wonderful, especially in the morning when it's more quiet. :smiley: Find the fun in what you are doing and you will keep doing it longer..
  • AlessandraBrumen34
    Options
    I'm pretty active. I just need to stay on my workouts. But thanks for the advice. I do take the stairs at the university
  • jpnlvr
    jpnlvr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Those are some great tips! Would love to hear any more that anyone has!
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If you need someone to be accountable to, feel free to friend or message me.

A few tips:
    1) Do your workout at the same time every day. My experience is that my body started to go "I need exercise NOW" around that time. Schedule it in, you're worth it.

2) Find something you truly enjoy doing. For me, yoga for a minimum of 30 minutes a day is a must and other activities like weight lifting, cleaning or gardening are add-ons to that minimum. If you don't know what you like to do, try as much as you can and stick with what you love.

3) Trust yourself.

4) Look at your diet in addition to your exercise type. Are you fueling yourself properly?
  • AlessandraBrumen34
    Options
    Definitely need to focus on my nutrition. However, I'm already heading out to go for a run