Done! Pic heavy success story

Options
Black_Swan
Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
My dear MFPals... I think I am ready to try to love myself finally, and love my body the way it is!

I have started this journey around 1.5 year ago, when I gained weight from 143lbs to my highest at around 160lbs. I am 5´7´´ and I was really not happy with myself. It happened because - surprise, surprise - I totally let go with my new partner, eating whatever (mostly fast food and spaghetti) and with totally sedentary lifestyle.
I looked kind of like this:

3264490_8753.jpg

And this

3264490_8837.jpg

And this

3264490_7839.jpg

One day I realized I am really not happy with myself. One tear rolled down my cheeks and I knew that something has to change. I am really a positive person and when something is bad, I try to find a solution!
I started eating healthy and counting my calories and got to fantastic 130lbs, but since I didnt realize how actually hard it is to maintain, I quickly (in 5 months) got back to 143lbs. I decided then that I need more support, and found MFP.

I can freely say that this is the most important website in my life!

In a few months with MFP I looked like this:

3264490_9005.jpg

3264490_6624.jpg

I managed to get to where I am now - 127.8lbs. I have been on this weight for around 1.5 months, and I wanted to get 2lbs lower for a long time - but then I realized that 2lbs is kind of not important anymore... because of the awesome motivation here and my running and jumping and oh-so-active friends, I got motivated to start REALLY MOVING for the first time in my life. I am going to the gym 2-3 times a week to weight lift and I try to run 3-4x a week.
I signed up for a 10k race in September and will sign up for a 4.4k charity race in 2 weeks.
If you only knew how lazy I was, you would be really amazed. I hated hills, I hated stairs, I hated sweat. Now I love how sweaty I get after my run! I love the feeling that I CAN DO THIS. I enriched my life immensely!

Bikini pics - current weight 127.8lbs:

IMG_0004resized.jpg

IMG_0002resized.jpg

IMG_0003resized.jpg

IMG_0005resized.jpg

I am not sure I can really see the difference between the first and second bikini shot, but I like to think my body is firmer and my "muffin" and thighs are smaller and firmer!

Now new goal - fitness goals!!! No more weight loss, now its a whole new level for me - fitness level! I still have a hard time seeing myself at 128lbs - I kind of have this 143lbs image of myself and I am always surprised by the look in the mirror and the sizes of my shirts and jeans. I think this will take some time getting used to!

Thanks for reading and good luck in your weight loss travel, the road is bumpy but totally worth it!

Replies

• MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational - well done! :smile:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    u look fantastic, well done:flowerforyou:
  • maritadanielle
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Congrats on the good work and good luck with your fitness goals :)
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good job! You look great and since you didn't have much to lose, it was tough!
    Keep up the workouts and running.. you will have a very fit body in no time!
  • jetsec
    jetsec Posts: 79
    Options
    You look fantastic! Well done on the weight loss and maintaining and good luck with the running.

Jayne
    x
  • MissJoy18
    MissJoy18 Posts: 45
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
  • Needthisforme
    Options
    Wow congrats and keep up the great work and last but not least good luck on all of your runs and journeys.
  • Mskbrewington
    Options
    :smile: great job hun! you are inspiring
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    You look awesome! You look exactly how I wish to look.....keep going Helena,keep going! Thankyou for posting :smile:
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!! I am so happy to success stories and see success photos it does give me the determination to go on and that I can do it. Great job and good luck on your journey to success of the other areas you are improving!!!!
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Excellent !!! Well done !!!
  • mmaboydwechanged
    Options
    Thats awesome you should be proud!
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    BiG CONGRATS...you look amazing...thanks for sharing your story. Very inspirational.:flowerforyou:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, your support means a lot!
  • CatClark
    CatClark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Absolutely brilliant! You look great, well done :D
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    Thank you SO much for your story! Seriously.
    I am at 146 right now and 5'7". I used to be 167 so we are very much alike in our journeys. It is so good to know it CAN BE DONE and I will do it. This is my second week of taking MFP seriously and reloving running and paying attention to my yoga practice again. I'm feeling confident! Thanks for the extra boost of inspiration :)
  • skinniejeans11
    skinniejeans11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    wow good job
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you! You look fantastic! You have done such a great job! WOOOOOHOOOOO!:flowerforyou:
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! I think sometimes it's harder for us to see the changes in our bodies, that everyone else can see when they look at us. I know there are some days I look in the mirror and feel great and other days I look and still see the fat me.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    great job congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!