She's familiar.. Nah, couldn't be.... Holy Moly! It IS her!

Options
JulieF11
JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
If you are just starting your journey, fear not, my friends... you are almost there... be patient... It WILL happen if you don't give up.

The first 40 pounds I lost, no one even noticed much of a change. People sometimes said they liked my hair that way, or the new shirt I bought, etc... but people didn't notice my weight loss. The second 40+ pounds has made all the difference... in fact sooo much difference that people don't recognize me. My mom took a double take before she realized it was me. The teachers in school are sometimes confused, thinking I look so familiar, but they can't put their finger on it. Funny thing about that is that I am a VP in the PTA, and in the classrooms a few times each week. I took a few months break to start working out more. In the last few months people are stunned. Even my neighbors who see me every few days or so are amazed at the transformation. Some people, once they realize who I am, keep staring at me in disbelief... "Could it really be her?" People who know me say I'm shrinking each time they see me.

Some of you still have a great deal of weight to lose. It gets discouraging when you make such progress and no one seems to notice. Hang in there, the last 40 pounds are where the most changes take place. I actually have a waistline now! My chest has gotten smaller, but it looks bigger since my waist has shrunk so much. I've always been the fat one. The fattest one in my family, the fattest one on the PTA Board, the fattest foster in the Humane Society, the fattest neighbor, the fattest one at all the pool parties, BBQ's, company functions, etc.. I'm not fat anymore. I can't believe it myself. Sometimes I feel this is just a blessing from above. "Thank You, ( ''in who's name our country trusts.") And thank you MFP.

I must say that MFP is the best gift I've ever been given. I LOVE MFP. The support form you guys, the easy tracking methods, the information and recipes, etc... If I could give any of you reading this my weight loss, I would, since I know I can do it again, just by doing what I'm doing each day. I wish you all success and hope that you feel the way I do soon enough. I' m not really "skinny" yet, but I feel like I am. This next 15 pounds will be gone in the next couple of months. No worries. Hopefully I'll figure out how to post before and after photos (I'm not computer literate) so you all can see the changes too. I'll never have ripped abs, or a "sexy" shape, but I'll take what I got over what I had any day!

Good luck to all of you. Keep plugging on and you'll get there.

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    What a motivation; keep up the great work!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Very uplifting and encouraging post. Thank you!

Congratulations on reaping the benefits of all your dedication and hard work!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And thanks for sharing.
  • tambailey74
    Options
    Thank you for this post. I am three weeks into my journey and I have lost 15 pounds. I was just having a conversation with a coworker (who knows about my life change) and when she asked me how much I had lost so far and I told her, she seemed shocked. I thought... Wow I really am fat if I can lose 15 pounds and no can tell. Normally, this would depress me and make me want to eat a tub of ice cream!!! LOL This time I thought.........wait until I lose the next 15 and the 15 after that. I will show them.

Your post is just what I needed to read!!!
  • jean1058
    jean1058 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow, this post just says it all. Makes me want to go out and exercise. Thanks for letting us know about your success!
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Congrats!!! Love reading about success. Yours is very heartwarming!!!
  • denanc
    denanc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Similar experience as OP.
    30lbs no notice, 40 no one said anything. Now at 70 down, I get reactions as you mentioned.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    OMG! I know how that feels!!! ha ha ha.
    Made me think exactly the same!
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I needed the pep talk on patience very much today! Thanks!!! =)
  • luna88
    luna88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post!! I am on my second week and I know I have a long way to go, but this time i'm not scared, I know I can do this! There are going to be lots of bumps along the way but as long as I take one day at a time I will get to my goal and be that much healthier! Thank you for the motivation, and Congrats on your weightloss! :)
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this inspiration to keep our eyes on the final goal. We have to get past the invisible weight loss before we get to the blindingly obvious weight loss. but if we can persevere, it's worth it! (But I'll still wag my finger at you for sharing that great testimony and then not posting any pics!)
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Great post! I need to friend you! = D
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I love your post. thank you for the inspiration:)
  • cjjohnson1
    cjjohnson1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see those Pics!!!
    cj
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    Thanku for sharing!! I am in a similar standpoint right now and I'm loving it!!!! Keep up the good work!!! I too have 15-20 pounds to go :-) who knows,, I may decide to go even further:-)
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Lovely, thank you.
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful post...
  • jantawa
    jantawa Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing. As you say, thanks to the support of the other MFP members, and that with God's help all things are possible.
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! My husband and I just recently started our road to lifestyle change...and have a loooong way to go yet (between the 2 of us we are trying to lose 200 lbs.). Hearing your story made the light at the end of the tunnel seem a little more clear. I too have often been "the fat one"...I'm comfortable with myself but not necessarily with my size...its like knowing there's this really vibrant healthy person trapped inside all these extra pounds. I know I AM that person inside, I just can't wait for everyone else to see too! Congratulations again and if you have ANY suggestions please share. :)
  • nicolej216
    nicolej216 Posts: 31
    Options
    I hit 40 pounds down today and i think i needed to read this thanks a bunch !Its nice to hear it from someone who has been there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!