41lbs lost. When will I notice a change?

Options
I started out at 401lbs. As of today I'm 41lbs down so I'm 360lbs. Which is still a pretty big guy I know. But I figured I would've at least some sort of change in my body but I haven't. My clothes are slightly bigger, but not to where I'm swimming in them or anything. Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at some old pictures and then pictures from today. When I'm able to look at side by side pics of my progress that is when I really got it of how far I've come.
  • hi_imshaun
    hi_imshaun Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea. Maybe I'll do that after my next weigh in
    codycsweet wrote: »
    Have you looked at some old pictures and then pictures from today. When I'm able to look at side by side pics of my progress that is when I really got it of how far I've come.

• avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is 10% of your weight! That is impressive. One thing I learned once in a weight watchers meeting is that we tend to really stuff ourselves into the last size we were wearing before we decide to lose weight, and so it's likely that your clothes really fit you best at around 370 or 380, but you stuffed yourself into them and so now they don't feel all that loose.

Also, did you measure inches? That might help.

Keep up the good work!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Has anyone made comments? I have heard people around you notice the changes before you do. Don't let it get you down, and keep up the awesome work!! :smile:
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I've lost 30 pounds and I know that I've gotten smaller with my clothing and things like that but I don't see it either. Like others have said, take pics! I didn't take pics from the very beginning but wish that I had. Amazing job, btw!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I squeezed into my last size before deciding to lose weight. I'm down 12 pounds and wearing my same clothes. But. I took measurements and pictures and they don't lie. Be sure to do your measurements now before you lose anymore weight. You'll be glad you did!
  • hi_imshaun
    Options
    Yeah, my boss actually said something tonight, and a couple of other coworkers have sid it too. But, I think they're just being nice lol
    anl90 wrote: »
    I feel the same way. Has anyone made comments? I have heard people around you notice the changes before you do. Don't let it get you down, and keep up the awesome work!! :smile:

• hi_imshaun
    Options
    I don't have any measuring tape lol. That's a great idea though!
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I squeezed into my last size before deciding to lose weight. I'm down 12 pounds and wearing my same clothes. But. I took measurements and pictures and they don't lie. Be sure to do your measurements now before you lose anymore weight. You'll be glad you did!

• hi_imshaun
    Options
    Yeah, I definitely need to do that. You're not the only one who has said that ☺
    Zombella wrote: »
    I feel the same way. I've lost 30 pounds and I know that I've gotten smaller with my clothing and things like that but I don't see it either. Like others have said, take pics! I didn't take pics from the very beginning but wish that I had. Amazing job, btw!

• hi_imshaun
    Options
    That definitely makes sense! Thanks for your input!
    avatiach wrote: »
    Wow, that is 10% of your weight! That is impressive. One thing I learned once in a weight watchers meeting is that we tend to really stuff ourselves into the last size we were wearing before we decide to lose weight, and so it's likely that your clothes really fit you best at around 370 or 380, but you stuffed yourself into them and so now they don't feel all that loose.

Also, did you measure inches? That might help.

Keep up the good work!

• BeckyEhrenberg
    BeckyEhrenberg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my boss actually said something tonight, and a couple of other coworkers have sid it too. But, I think they're just being nice lol
    anl90 wrote: »

I'm sure their not just being nice! If they didn't notice they wouldn't have said anything! I'm experiencing a similar frustration. I started at 299. Im at 275 now and I don't see a difference at all. But... My clothes are definitely bigger on me and that is encouraging!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    measure, measure, measure
  • hrobjordan
    hrobjordan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Most people will notice before you do, because it's a slow change when you look at yourself. The pictures will definitely help. Easy thing about that is you can take one today then, measure and take another at the end of the week. My wife was 240lbs after our 2nd child and I didn't even know it! I thought she was maybe 180lbs but it was because I was so used to seeing her everyday. She's in her 150s now and when we look at the pictures...it's a biiiig difference!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Get some new shirts. You will feel the weight loss.