has anyone ate Halloween candy?

Options
2»

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Not really. I don't have kids or trick-or-treaters. I think I had a couple pieces at the office the week before Halloween. I find now if I eat more than one or two pieces of chocolate, it gets wayyy too sweet and I get the urge to drink a bunch of water. I used to gorge on that stuff, though!
  • mattssoccermom9
    mattssoccermom9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Normally I would be going to town on the Halloween candy the kids get, but since starting on mfp and doing really well I have only had 1 mini Twix and that was yesterday. Although I do have a Reese's peanut butter cup and a Butterfinger put to the side. lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Buckets full
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Lol, the other day (Sunday) I ate 12 Reece's peanut butter cups (my DD hates them) and 6 pieces of Chicken with garlic sauce pizza from Round Table.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I've had two pieces today, and two yesterday. I bought 10 bags of the stuff when it was 50% off the day after Halloween. Can't pass up a good deal on candy. Yumm yumm.
  • cheesyP
    cheesyP Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Loves! Dark chocolate.. My favorite!
    Yup, lots. My usual go to is dark chocolate or fruit so its a little bit of a change and definitely fun to take advantage during the years the kids are still little. I don't regret it and now I'm absolutely done wanting anything so sweet. A couple days a year of sweets and milk chocolate ain't gonna hurt as long as it fits and doesnt go on forever.

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Ate Halloween candy and had a 1.8 pound loss this week. ;)
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yep I've been eating Halloween candy the last month or so. Halloween was the only day I've eaten at maintenance in months.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Last year, I did. This year, I did not! Very happy for me.

We don't have Official Trick or Treating, with hours posted by the city or anything. The kids start coming when it begins getting dark and the teens would keep coming until midnight if you left the light on. When it starts turning into more teens than kiddos, I decide I'm done and dump the remainder into the last young kid's bag that comes along once I've decided to be done.

That kid was so happy, lol. I suspect he'd have said "Thank you" but was speechless. He just stood there, looking into his bag. His jaw literally dropped, lol. He got like 25-30 pieces. I said "Happy Halloween!" and he just looked up at me in disbelief, like I was a Good Fairy or something.

I'm glad to make that kid happy and I'm super-glad to not have candy around tempting me. :)