Feel Like I Flipped a Switch

Options
So, this morning I decided to do some push-ups. Been working on 'em, off and on, for a couple of months now.

Did 3 reps of 12 and was starting to feel a bit tired. Came to the 4th rep and decided to do 15! I gritted my teeth and got through them OK.

Jumped up and had this huge grin on my face!

Stripped down ready to get in the shower, looked in the mirror and realized that I'm pretty happy with how I look now too. Still too much flab around my butt and chest, but my beer gut is almost gone!!

The best thing is that feeling hasn't faded yet. I'm feeling awesome today!
I'm really psyched to go on a run after work tonight.

Don't get me wrong! I know I've still got a long way to go. I know I'm still at least 35 pounds from where I want to be weight-wise, but I don't remember feeling this good in a LONG time! :happy:

I just want you all to know that if I can do it, you can too!

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    Isn't it great to have a day where you feel so good about yourself. We all need more of those. It sounds like you are doing great. Keep it up!
  • jocelynlewis
    Options
    Nice:)
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Oh, i can't WAIT to feel like that. But, I'm not envious, just inspired. Way to go!
  • maritadanielle
    Options
    This post made me smile... I have been feeling really good lately since starting to exercise again, so I know the feeling! Keep it up, it can only get better .)
  • mehmig
    mehmig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That feeling is fantastic. I know that since I'm seeing results it has made me more motivated. Keep up the good fight!
  • mehmig
    mehmig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That feeling is fantastic. I know that since I'm seeing results it has made me more motivated. Keep up the good fight!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!