Best fitness tracker

Options
I would like to know what the best fitness tracker is from the people that are using them. I work as a transcriptionist so I sit most of the day so I REALLY need to get going on fitness. Anyway, I have a recumbent bike that I use, a gazelle (like a glider) and also Leslie Sansone's walk tapes. Can anyone suggest a good tracker for me? Also I have read on some of the wrist ones about the bands being plastic and breaking and falling off. Please could I get some insight? thanks for your help.

Replies

• Oliver1967
    Oliver1967 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am looking to purchase one myself but not sure which either.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It really depends upon how you intend to use it. What your expectations are.

Example: I have a FitBit One. I really like it. My cardio workouts are step based so a FitBit captures those nicely. If I were a cyclist a FitBit One wouldn't work nearly as well. For non-step (steady state) cardio a fitness tracker with a heart rate monitor would be better.

I do strength training, not a big calorie burner. But heart rate monitor, activity tracker.....all guesses. Strength training is super hard to estimate.

Activity level. This is what a FitBit does best. I have my activity level set to sedentary (with negative adjustments enabled). This keeps me honest. MFP compares to FitBit....if I'm slacking, I get calories taking away.....if I'm active, I get more calories. This will be really helpful for maintenance.

My FitBit tracks sleep (I don't care).....my FitBit tracks stairs (kinda interesting).

You might look around for various tracker groups and see what questions & comments are. Here's the FitBit group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I also love my Fitbit One. It clips to my clothing, and I do not wear a watch so would not want a wrist-worn device.

Do your research, for sure. There are a # of companies each with multiple products out there. Figure out what features you want, which ones are not important to you.