Scale hasn't moved, but I feel flabbier

Options
This is strange, but I've maintained my weight. However my pants are horribly uncomfortable around my midsection. Pants that were loose not too long ago now feel tight.

What could be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Gas and bloating would be my guess.
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lost muscle mass, gained fat instead, possibly.
  • jumpybeans
    jumpybeans Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    siluridae wrote: »
    Lost muscle mass, gained fat instead, possibly.

Not sure how as my activity level has not changed much in the past 5 years. If anything, I'm more active now than I was a few months ago.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I would assume bloat esp since you are a woman...are you drinking enough water? close to TOM?

Last thing...pregnant?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Over how long a time frame are we talking?

As in "they fit last week, but feel tight this week" - probably gas/bloating

As in "they fit last year, but are starting to consistently feel tighter and tighter the last few months" - probably a body composition issue.
  • jumpybeans
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I would assume bloat esp since you are a woman...are you drinking enough water? close to TOM?

Last thing...pregnant?

Close to TOM - yes. Drink enough water - no. Drink too much soda - yes. Pregnant - no.

I guess that answers my question!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How long has this been going on? How long before that were you stable? If this is the first change in 5 years, I'd say you're doing great. Keep an eye on things for 1-2 months. If it goes away. It's gas, bloating, and/or water weight. If it continues then it's fat vs muscle. Even though you're active, you could be losing muscle and gaining fat, depending on what your activity consists of & if you're doing strength training on a consistent basis. Or your pants shrank! LOL
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Sounds like bloating!

How long has this been going on for? Are you female?

Around TOM, I bloat hugely and my jeans barely do up. Once TOM stops, things go back to normal.
  • jumpybeans
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I have been eating a lot more fiber, it was TOM and I haven't been drinking nearly enough water. Recipe for bloat. Things are getting back to normal now.